25 | heart shaped pizzas

Caitlin and I got into an argument a couple of days ago. It was at practice and about a play we were supposed to relearn. I said that I'd like to try a play we did earlier this season and she said no because I got body slammed by two girls when I did it.

In the moment I just wanted to be able and help the team. This play would do that but I was ignoring how hurt I got as a result of it.

I see now that she's just trying to protect me but what happens in one game isn't doomed to be repeated. It was because that team didn't know how to play defense. As soon as we get into the tournament in March we'll be fine.

"Cait baby."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry about that stupid argument in practice. You're just worried about me and I was too caught up in myself to realize."

"I know. I didn't handle it very well either. But you've gotten hurt twice this year going up so it scares me."

"How about I try to avoid getting body slammed and you avoid getting shoved."

"Deal."

"Okay. Now can you go throw some clothes on? Something warm and comfy because I have a valentine's day date for us."

Her eyes light up and she smiles at me.

"I thought we said we would just hang out here?"

I can tell that she's excited at the thought of us going out and I know she'll love it.

"I figured we could take a day to ourselves. Especially now that we're both healthy."

"Okay. Let me go get a hoodie."

She goes in her room and I pull myself up on the counter. My phone rings and I see that it's aunty a.

hey, girl

hi, aunty a

how have you been? i saw you got swung on and about beat that kid up myself.

im fine now

and how are things with that girl of yours? saw you made it official a bit ago and was curious how that change happened.

oh uh we got past it

obviously but i need the details. plus jackie and kelsey have been asking me about it. and you know jackie doesn't talk for shit.

Caitlin walks in the room and moves to stand between my legs. Her hands settle on my thighs and I must say, she looks good below me like that.

i'm kind of surprised jacks asked. well i didn't talk to her for a bit but we worked it out. honestly she's pretty amazing

well i'm happy to hear it. you've got my blessing if she's treating you right. however, if she breaks your heart then know that she's going down. i've got quite a few connections in the league.

I laugh out loud and Caitlin heard what was said she I can see her visibly gulp.

thanks aunty a. i know i can count on you. you better come to a game soon though. last time you came i got hurt so that doesn't count

you get hurt a lot so maybe work on that first. i'm gone for a little bit but i'll be to one of your games in the tournament don't worry.

okay good. i miss you

i miss you too, sweetie

There might literally only be a handful of years between us but that difference is big. In comparison of where we are in our lives and such. Like, I'm 21 and she's 27 but those six years have been significant.