13 | paige the wise

i love reading all your comments. they're so cutesy and it makes me want to write more. :)

Paige and I are sitting in her room about to talk about the whole Caitlin situation. She's been wanting to know all the details since it was too hard to explain without seeing her facial expressions. It's been a few weeks but it's still pretty fresh.

"Okay, so let me hear what happened. I thought you weren't going to talk to her about it until that weekend?" Fair question because that's exactly what my plan was. But nothing ever goes according to plan is what I've noticed.

"There was an opportunity when all the staters got taken out third quarter. I saw the trainer-"

"Woah now, you never mentioned that to me. Are you hurt?" She interrupts me and it makes me feel good that she's concerned about me.

"I'm fine. My knee hurt the practice before and I wanted to check and make sure it was really fine. You know the feeling of paranoia when you get a serious injury."

"Unfortunately I do. So did you talk to Kate about it too? She went along with it just as much as Caitlin did." I think over everything and find that I didn't. Huh, I must have been so caught up in Caitlin that I didn't even think.

"Um no. I'm also kind of iffy on Caitlin. Like I know I told her I forgave her but it's hard to get over it. It's not like she just told me she thought I was stupid. She dissed on my whole career." Paige nods her head slowly and mulls over an answer.

"Then why did you tell her you forgave her? Honey I understand where you're coming from but you should have just told her you'd work on forgiving." See that's the problem, sometimes I feel like I've fully forgiven her and others I don't. "But I'm also on your side. She was becoming more than a friend and you want that back. I'm on your side no matter what."

"I just wish that none of this happened. Maybe I should have sucked it up and stayed here. It would have been great playing with you." I look around her room and fiddle with my rings.

"You don't mean that. Before that stupid ass situation you loved Iowa. And you're playing great there so just take some time to process what happened. When you get back talk to Kate and Caitlin and give them a run down of your thoughts. Kate's still got a crush on you so you'll be able to read her like a book."

"Okay how could you possibly know that about Kate?" It doesn't matter to me but I find it interesting how she always pushes that. It's almost like she'd rather I be with Kate than Caitlin.

"Bitch please. I'm not telling. Just be more aware when you're around her, okay? I think you need to lay this situation to rest and talk to Caitlin one more time. Sure, don't trust her right away but I know you still want to have a relationship with her."

"I really hate when you're right. It's annoying and makes me feel dumb."

She was about to make a snarky comment, I could tell, before both of our phones go off at the same time. It was our usa group chat without caitlin.

i ❤️ 'merica

hails
hey guys
i have a question

willie
what's up, babe

paigie
shoot

cam
yes hails??

hails
um so this is for will

willie
oh what happened

hails
are you talking to taylor
from clarke uni