~Chapter•42~

"Adam?" he asked, and the teen boy looked up at him. Blue eyes shining more when the sun rays laid there, his bangs emerged from above his forehead and rested a millimeter away from his brown brows.

The boy was mature enough to understand that his mother remarried with her kids consent only. He was glad she did. But why he agreed was only because he wanted her to be happy, after that abusive phase she's been through. He hated anyone who talked to him about his dad. He hated his Father. He hated this man who tried to act like Adam's Father. All he believed was that, Adam's father is bad. Very bad.

He came and sat behind Adam "How are you doing?"

The boy didn't reply.

Finn decided to talk more "Wanna watch some film? Peter pan?" Emma had told him how much he liked Peter Pan books. He could read the different edition books a billion times. And even the cartoon shows and movies.

"You're trying to befriend me just because you want to increase your dignity in front of my mother right?"

Finn was hurt. He wasn't smiling anymore "No champ. That's not it. Now since, we're a family, we shall be friends as well"

"We're not a family!" he replied aggressively. Finn knew it was a common thing during adolescence, so no matter how hurt he was, he kept it in himself only.

"Alright then" he said while nodding "we're not a family so can we be friends instead?"

"I don't want to be friends with you. Don't try to act nice with me okay?" he stood up and walked away. When he was in his room, he without looking, shut the door which remained a little open. The boy then came again and slammed it loudly.

That was not it. He tried his best to make them feel comfortable. He was fine with Kiera who got closer to him and treated him like her real father. She even called him Dad. Adam didn't. He was still upset. He wouldn't talk to Finn or even Emma.

Finn did a lot for him. He took them out for family trips. Sang songs together on their way, while Kiera clapped lightly while singing. She nudged his arm to sing but he had his arms coldly folded.

He brought them gifts. Many gifts. He always asked Emma what sort of things Adam liked. According to the boy's love towards nature, he got him related gifts. A crystal ball ornament with clouds and moon which glowed in golden with sun in the morning and moon in the night, both with clouds which looked like an imaginary image. He brought him a golden metal feather keychain to hang on his schoolbag zip. He got him a dream bottle with yellow lights which had a house and some climbers, creepers, hyacinths around it. All which he loved. But the boy never accepted him.

He might have felt that love for his mother and embraced her apologetically years later. But not to his step-father.

NOW

"I'm coming-" he tells to the phone. He remains silent while Mom says something to him. He nods while whispering "Alright" he shuts the call and throws the phone on bed. After that, he strolls across the carpet aside the bed as he pinches his glabella.

"Please don't stress yourself Ed..." I advice softly.

He lets out a deep sigh as if he's trying to exhale out those heavy feelings within him, but fail.

"Mom had said that he's alright now" I remind.

He perpetually fidgets his fingers and takes a seat on the bed beside me. Then he bends to rest his head on his joint hands while he shuts his eyes.

"Mom said that the doctor had to come home for treatment, there's no worry at all" I explain "and when he was here, you were pissed. As if he were your old rival or something. When it was of an issue back then, why do you feel so restless when he got ill?"