~Chpater•35~

Edward

He rams me towards the wall with his tight grip over my neck and his fierce steps. He grits with his attempt to strangle me "You ---" he roars "You spoiled everything!"

If he lets me speak then maybe I can, but this guy has his tight grip over my neck. I can't breath!!!

I grasp the glass bottle or vase on the console with a vibrating hand, and smash it against his head, after which it fragments into tiny and a few large shards with a crack and then shatters.

I just blink. And it takes me a second to so, by time, his temple and cheek get coated with a layer of blood which dribbles continuously without any potential of stopping. I hope he doesn't die...

He doesn't.

Thankfully.

His lips form a hardened line, his eyes shut trying to overcome that pain. All I have to do, is just not kill him. Because I've called the cops and they're on their way. Till then, I have to keep myself and him alive.

He again thrusts me and I tumble on the floor near a...head...? I roar while kicking the air and jump from there because it was really horrible as that head was watching me with it's dead eyes.

My gut twisted that moment.

Or...

That head was familiar.

He was my...school friend.

Luca Hong.

He killed my friend.

How dare he do this!

As I stare at it and go into a flashback of the school memories, I hear something like a whoosh.

I turn and stop him to almost stab that flick blade into my face by tightening my quick grip around his wrist. It wasn't easy at all, while doing so, the tip of it scrapes across my palm and it bleeds.

"I'll kill you..." he mutters while gritting.

"Yeah? All the best" I scoff.

He moves his hand violently and swings it backwards. With that darkness etched on his face, he pushes them towards me but midway the process, his hand towards me to stab, I hear a gunshot. After that the flick blade slips form his bloody and quivering hands.

I turn my head towards them.

Towards Avon.

My friend who's now a police constable, holding the gun from which smoke streams out.

I show him a thumbs up.

***

"We'll take care of the body, don't worry Edward" Avon says as behind him the officers handcuff poor Nick who looks at his feet with that dark red almost-dried blood on his temple and side cheek.

Some people in scrubs and masks and surgical gloves on, carry a white foldable gurney with a white cloth all over it to cover it. They take it inside a large ambulance and the door shuts after them.

Avon was also watching them. He turns at me "How unfortunate it was"

"It was more than horrible to watch it" I reply "I tumbled near the head"

His face twists in disgust "Is Sasha fine?"

I turn my head towards the window in front of her in the car, and she doesn't seem fine. She's still in trauma, her face in her hands and the girls coaxing her "I'm not sure how long it takes"

He puts an assuring hand on my shoulder "She' be alright. Take care. I'll go now"

I nod and salute him. He gives a light chuckle as does so back "Goodbye"