25.

(A.N: This chapter is going to jump between POVs a couple of times, so just be aware of that. All of them will be marked and hard to miss, but I want to address it first.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Theresa's POV)

"Shadow's on station." Graves' voice rang through my comms. 

I'd been stationed with Ghost just a few meters from the house, in a position that gave the both of us good vantage points with our snipers in case something happened to Soap.

I don't know what was running through his head when he volunteered to go in there, and I don't know what went through mine when I fucking let him, but here we are.

Although I have no way to prove it, I'm almost certain that Simon brought me with him because he thinks I would try and find a way in too. 

He's not wrong, but nevertheless, I don't like being babysat. I'm a grown woman, for God's sake.

Ghost's voice brought me out of my inner monologue when he replied to Graves, telling him that we're all set.

"Seein' room to set down on the roof." Graves mumbled into his microphone.

I had almost gotten my hopes up that it would be Johnny's voice coming through, although I watched him take anything and everything off that could give away the fact he was sent in.

Bulletproof vest, comms, any type of weapon that isn't his fists, although they wouldn't be much against God knows how many guns the cartel has in there along with the tons of drugs.

The man was essentially going in naked, and I fucking let him!

The worst bit is that once he goes in there, we're blind. Until Alejandro finds him, which I have to keep telling myself that he will, there is absolutely no way to contact him.

"Check." I said. I've decided that throwing myself into this is the only way to take my mind off it.

The sooner it starts, the sooner its over, right?

"Eyes on two, armed at the front door." Ghost informed everyone.

I winced when I saw them, knowing we can't take them out.

"Alejandro, how you doing?" Graves asked.

It was silent for a split second before he responded.

"Un Vaquero inside.." He whispered, so that he wouldn't be caught.

The crackle of the comms system started again, and Graves' voice came through.

"God damn, how'd you do that?" He asked, genuine confusion in his voice.

"Violently." Alejandro's voice rang in my ears. He was quick and quiet in his speaking, and something told me its how he was in whatever way he managed to get in.

Ghost shifted his scope, and I followed him, having to silence a gasp when one of them shot the ground in warning. I had to put a hand over my mouth when I saw who they were sending the warning shot to.

Johnny.

His hands were up, letting them know he wasn't going to pull anything, while the guards made their way closer to him, guns still raised, demanding he gets on his knees.

"Visual on Soap." Ghost told everyone, giving me a not-so-subtle once over.

I don't blame him, I probably look like a nervous wreck right now, but I'll be damned if I let it get in the way of making sure John gets out safely.