#nine#

Knock.

"Ashley, I know you're in there."

She snorted, "Did they send you to talk to me?" 

"Lee," He said softly, "You know I never need to be sent to talk to you."

She sniffed, rubbing at her eyes, "I don't want you to see me like this." 

He shook his head at her, even though he knew she couldn't see it through the door.

"Don't you think it would be selfish of me to only want to see the good parts of you?"

She stifled a laugh, "I'd almost forgotten how dramatic you can be." 

"And whose fault is that?" 

She sighed, "I'm sorry Mark. I just couldn't tell you." She whispered.

"Tell me what?" 

She wished her lip would stop shaking.

She wished she wasn't so scared.

"I-I can't tell you." She cried, frustrated, a fresh hot stream of tears threatening to overflow. "I can't." She choked out.

"Why?"

Tell him.

"Just go away Marcus." She found herself saying.

He snorted, "Wouldn't that be convenient. I don't know if you're fully up to date with the concept of friendship but friends don't leave when things get tough. They're with you no matter what."

She had never been more grateful to have a friend.

"Don't you have anywhere to be?" She asked.

"Yes I do," He replied,

"Here."

She didn't know how long they sat there, on either side of a door.

They didn't say a word, but the silence spoke louder than words ever would. 

I'm here for you, it seemed to say.

Lol, remember the good old days when I used to update twice a day? Seems like such a long time ago.