33: Desire

This chapter will contain an explicit scene at the end. I'll add a warning before the NSFW begins for those who would rather skip it. Rest assured that it's purely smut and you won't miss out on any important plot points if you don't read it, so don't feel pressured to read it if you don't want to. Anyways, enjoy!

...

Kai's eyes widen. He proceeds to just stare at you for a few good moments, but it doesn't take long for him to start blinking incredulously.

"Wait, what?"

He can't seem to believe what he's hearing, and you don't blame him, considering how harshly you've been rejecting him until now.

"Nevermind," you blurt, hurriedly looking away. "Just forget what I said."

"There's literally no way I could ever forget that," Kai mumbles, absolutely breathless. "I just... thought I was imagining things. Did you really ask to come over to my place? I seriously heard those words?"

You can feel yourself getting more embarrassed by the second. "I-It's fine. It was a stupid idea anyway, so-"

"Let's go."

Kai places his hand on top of yours, and when you finally look back at him, his eyes are so piercing and bright that you almost can't bring yourself to meet his gaze. It's a stark contrast to his usual expression; that shameless, self-assured grin you're so used to seeing on his face.

You can tell that he's really, really serious about this.

"Let's go," Kai repeats. He squeezes your hand, almost as if he's imploring you. "Back to my place. I want to hang out with you longer. I don't want to say goodbye yet."

...fuck. You only said those words on a whim, in the heat of the moment, but when he looks at you like that, it's pretty much impossible to turn him down.

"O-Okay," you nod.

The cab ride to his apartment is strangely awkward. You've had plenty of uncomfortable encounters with this guy, but that was mainly because he came on so strong, and he was constantly getting in your face, refusing to respect your boundaries. Being around him pissed you off, but you never felt... shy. For lack of a better word. And he's being awfully quiet himself, rather than carrying the conversation the way he usually does.

Even though neither of you acknowledges it aloud, the air is thick with tension, and you know exactly what kind of tension it is.

Kai must realize it too, which is why he keeps nervously staring out the window, too agitated to face you.

Eventually, the torturous ride comes to an end, and you arrive in front of Kai's apartment building. Even just looking at it from the outside, the difference in your financial situations is clear as day. The building is in a nice, wealthy neighborhood, right next to a beautifully-maintained park. You could probably sell your kidney and it still wouldn't be enough to afford living here.

You never used to care what Kai thought of you, but right now, you're ever-so-grateful that you suggested going to his place instead of yours.

"Come on," Kai gestures, offering a timid smile. You follow him towards the building's entrance, walk through the main lobby, take the elevator up several floors, until finally, you find yourself standing in front of his apartment, watching as he unlocks the door.

Am I really doing this?

You swallow hard. It still isn't too late to turn back. Kai may have done some shitty things, but he isn't evil. If he wanted to hurt you, he could have easily done it by now, and he could probably have gotten his dad to cover up his crimes, too. If you tell him you've changed your mind and that you don't feel comfortable being here, you know he'll let you leave. He won't force you into anything. Not when he's so desperate to prove that he's a changed man.