The secret child

" Hey, baby."

Agent walked into the home you both shared. His ears perked as he heard the chirp of your sweet voice. Almost like a melody to him.

" Hey, ma."

He kissed your cheek and all you could feel was sadness as you felt the love you had for your man wasn't enough for him. And you were soon to explain that.

" You cook?" He asked. His mouth watering from the smell of the baked turkey wings that was filling the room with its aroma.

" I've been wanting to tell you something for a while but I never had the chance. Can we talk?"

Agent sat at the kitchen island watching you make his plate.

" It's about my sister."

" Mercedes? Look, I told you I don't want to keep hearing about that girl-

" No! No, I uh...it's about her daughter."

Agent looked around, holding his fork to his food as he shrugged.

" What about her child?"

" Her daughter, doesn't have a father. And I was wondering if you could be that father figure for her." You twiddle your fingers as the look of confusion spread on Agents face.

" Y/n, that makes no sense. Why would I want to do that?"

" I feel bad for my niece and you always treated her like she was yours."

" But baby, if I do that than that'll take away from the baby were planning to have."

You sulked a little bit knowing that he was right and you wanted to just dead the conversation right there. But you needed him to agree.

" I know, baby. We've been trying for years. But Mercedes child deserves some type of father figure. She's 8 and she sees you as that."

" I don't know." Agent said, stuffing his face with his dinner.

" I mean, I don't mind taking her to a park and getting her ice cream but I don't see the reason for that."

The folded up piece of paper you had on the edge of the island went unnoticed as Agent was busy filling his stomach. Something in that folded up piece of paper was going to break your relationship and the revelation you were about to unfold was going to break a happy home.

" But...since this means alot to you, I'll do it. She's not mine but I'll treat her like she is."

A tear slid down your eye, and you quickly wiped it away.

" The thing is...she is yours."

Agents head snapped up from his plate. His eyebrows knitted together looking at you.

" What?"

You slapped a DNA test right in front of him.

The day you had your suspicion that Mercedes daughter might be your fiances was on her 8th birthday.

Flashback:

" Is that all of it?"

" Yeah, so much damn cake."

You and your sister patched up the last bit of birthday items in its respectable places.

Your niece, Macy, making 8 had to be one of the happiest things you could experience. But you had something on your shoulder that was tickling away at your neck.

Mercedes had a boyfriend that adored her once and even wanted to be apart of Macy's life when he found out Mercedes was pregnant. But after a while, you stopped seeing him once Macy was born.