Us

Patrick's Pov

Two months later..

"Go enjoy yourselves! Go get some coffee and talk and do what couples do, okay? " said Elisa.

Elisa has a few weeks left till Declan is due. She been living with us for a month because of being on bed rest. With her living alone, she is going to need help. Andy and I been helping her with little things, like going downstairs or upstairs. Bringing her stuff and things.

"Are you sure? " Andy said. She nods. Andy looks at me. I shrugged.

Andy and I grab our coats and headed out of the home saying goodbye. We walked in the wintery cold and headed down the sidewalk. I pull my cardigan sleeves and my heavy coat sleeves down my hands. I look up at Andy and see white puffs coming from his nose. I stopped and grabbed his arm.

"Patrick?" he said about to continue speaking but I crashed my cold lips on his cold ones. He kisses back but pulls away. "Tricky?"

I wrapped my arms around him and nuzzle into his neck. It's been the most stressful two months of my life. With my mom disowning me as her son. Elisa moving in. Playing gigs in towns and states. The baby coming soon. Elisa might die. The nightmares. It's overwhelming. I hug Andy tightly. I sigh into him. He only whispers sweet comforting words and hugs me back. He kisses my cheek.

"Come on. There's a coffee shop a block away. " he said. He kept an arm around my waist as we walked.

We walked into the coffee shop and Andy told me to find a place to sit. Though it's only 5:30 pm there wasn't many people here. I sat down at a booth and looked around at the people. Nobody I recognized. I looked over at Andy and see him walking over with our drinks.

"Green Tea for the handsome boyfriend " he winked at me as he sat cross from me.

I smiled at his flirting. "Thank you, babe" I said taking a drink. I looked out the window and see snow falling. The wind wasn't bad neither was the temperature. Just enough to snow.

I felt a hand rest my own hand. I looked down and see Andy's colorful one on mine. I look up and see him smiling. He let go and got up. He sat down next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"I know you are stressed out.. But I'm here for you to talk to, you know? " he whispers. I slowly looked up at him. I nod. I sigh.

"I don't want to sound like a whiney baby who can't control themselves though." I whispered.

"we all have to have a break, Patrick" he said. I lay my head on his shoulder. We sit in silence, only the sips of our drinks and others talking talking quietly and the acoustic music play.

"Tricky, can you sing for me? " he whispers.

" But there's people here " I said.

" So? " he said. I sighed and said fine.

" Where, where will you stand
When all the lights go out
Across these city streets?
Where were you when
All of the embers fell?
I still remember them
Covered in ash
Covered in glass
Covered in all my friends
I still think of the bombs they build " I sang softly hoping that people didn't hear me.

" If there's a place that I could be
Then I'd be another memory
Can I be the only hope for you?
Because you're the only hope for me
And if we can't find where we belong
We'll have to make it on our own
Face all the pain and take it on
Because the only hope for me is you alone " I closed my eyes and feel all my worries wash away as I sang softly.

" How would you be
Many years after the disasters
That we've seen
What if we learned
Of all the people burning
Purifying flame
I'll say it's okay
I know you can tell
And though you can see me smile
I still think of the guns they sell " I start hearing some sing along with me. I smile knowing that people know this song. I sing the chorus again.

" The only hope for me
The only hope for me is you
The only hope is!

If there's a place that I could be
Then I'd be another memory
Can I be the only hope for you?
Because you're the only hope for me
And if we can't find where we belong
We'll have to make it on our own
Face all the pain and take it on
Because the only hope for me is you alone
The only hope for me is you alone " I finished and hear people clapping. I opened my eyes and see some people smiling and some clapping. Thank you I told them. After all the excitement stopped and looked at Andy and see a toothy grin.

" Your singing beautiful, Patrick! I love it some much! " he said kissing my forehead. I blush from the comment he made.

A boy around 16 came up to us. He wears black jeans, a white shirt, with a black cardigan. His brown hair is covered with white beanie and his green eyes bright. He holds a Soul Punk album and a neon green sharpie.

"H-hey Patrick.. I'm Noah.. Do you mind if you can sign this. It's my favorite album. " said the teenager stuttering.

I smile. "I love to sign it, Noah." He handed it to me smiling. I took the CD and sharpie and signed my signature on it. I hear Noah say hi to Andy and say he is a awesome drum. I smile again knowing that people know and respect Andy. I handed it back to him.

"Thank you, Patrick, nice to meet you both, you guys are amazing. " said Noah walking out with the signed record, a bag, and a coffee cup. We waved bye to him.

" He was a nice boy " I said taking a drink.

" Sure was" he said.

Andy kissed my cheek. "I love you"

I blushed. "I love you too"