Chapter 30

Jason's Pov...

I clench my jaw at the scene in front of me. Am I the only one seeing that this is not normal? Why does she need anyone to cuddle? Why are people giving in to her? This is a joke, a joke that has been played out.

I watch Rose snuggle into Cory and mumble something. Though the scene is inappropriate and annoying, it also has its familiarity. I remember Rose being upset with me because Emily convinced me it was weird for Rose and me to still sleep in the same bed. I mean, Em was right, it's very weird.

"Jason... Fred asked for you to come downstairs. He also told me to tell you that there is a thin line between stalking and checking up on someone." A small voice says and I roll my eyes but nod my head.

I stare at the two for a little longer before turning around and heading downstairs. Both Max and Joey sit together at the end of the table, on my side. I guess he is serious about what he said last night. Good, she needs to know when she's gone too far.

I sit beside Max and I feel better that I'm not on the enemy side anymore. It was pretty rough being ganged up on by my friends. John and Diane left because they felt disrespected and needed some space. They are lucky to have that luxury, I can't leave for anything unless it's work.

Fred comes in with plates of food and of course, he goes all out for it. Sausages, bacon, waffles, muffins, every version of the egg, fruits, ham, hash browns, syrups, and of course the different juices one would want to have in the morning.

"Awesome, we made it in time. It smells amazing!" Cory sings and I look in his direction. What. The. Fuck? There stood the two of them in clothes that suggested something happened between them.

Rose stands in some shorts that are way too high to her sex and a sports bra. I didn't see what they were wearing underneath the blanket, they were covered. Cory has no shirt and only wears his plaid pajama pants.

"Cory, I told you I have a headache. Fuck, I'll never party late again." Rose whines as they take a seat next to each other. Now they look like our enemies. However, they both seem oblivious to this.

Rose starts to pile her plate and Cory does the same. They both laugh and giggle while they do it and I'm not sure why but I'm irritated. What's so funny about grabbing food? What's so hilarious about anything right now? Is she not going to address what happened yesterday?

"I could go for a drink right now. Something strong, to knock off some of this tension." Rose says as she sits down in her seat. The kitchen grows quiet but I can feel the tension in the air as well.

Rosette's pov...

I'm trying to ignore Joey's eyes on me but I can't. He's just staring at me with... Anger? I'm not sure but I'm not feeling it. Cory places his hand on mine and I smile at him to reassure him I'll be fine.

"Perhaps there is tension because we expect you to explain yourself for the events of last night." Max says and I roll my eyes before taking a massive bite of my hash brown. I stare at the food on my plate to avoid looking at him.

"Ignoring me won't get you anywhere. I'm not your enemy Rose, I'm trying to help you." Max says calmly and I throw my head back in frustration. Why does he insist on bothering me? What do I need help with?

"Max, she's had a long night. Give it a res-." Cory is cut off by a fist slamming on the table. This causes me to bring my head back down and turn to the culprit. Jason glares our way and shakes his head in disbelief. Here we go again, big Jason picking on me.

"Stop babying her, she is an adult who is responsible for her actions. I don't give a fuck how sad she felt, putting herself and another member in danger is not okay!" He yells.