Chapter 41

Alana's POV

1 year, that is how long I have been with my new family for, and I have never been happier, and I never would have pictured that I would have a happy life and a family who support and love me. I know that it was a rocky start and that my daddy was very scary when I first met him but now, I know that really, he is just a big cuddly bear who I love. I love the cuddles he gives me, and I love that when I'm really sad he is always there to comfort me.

My mummy is so caring and lovely, nothing like my biological mum. She always makes me smile and does everything with me no matter how boring it may be for her. My most favourite thing to do with mummy is help her bake even though I don't really do much, but it is still fun and even though I didn't do much, somehow, I always manage to get covered in the baking stuff but thinking about it, that may be because I like to put my fingers in the bowl.

Xander always has a way of scaring me before making me laugh at him. He is very outgoing and loves to pick me up and thrown me in the air before catching me. The first time he done this it scared me but now I love it. I am close with my eldest brother, not only does he make me laugh all the time, but he is also very cuddly and comfortable which can be my downfall as I always end up falling asleep cuddling into him.

Luca on the other hand is the opposite of Xander. He is on the quieter side and is less interactive in the way of making me laugh and playing with me but on the other hand he reads me the best stories. He likes to sit in the corner of the living room where there is a comfy corner as mummy likes to call it. He likes to sit there and read his books and I find myself over there tucked into his side a lot of the time at nights listening to him reading me some of my books which usually end in me falling asleep.

All in all, I have lucked out on this family, a family who want me around and love me and there is never a moment that I am left along for very long. My grandparents are amazing, and they come over 3 or 4 times a week and we always go and do activities on these days. Daddy likes to call them family days. I have also met some mew family members from mummy's side back over in my home country. It was strange being back over there, but I was happy to meet more family members since the one's I already had were so nice. We spent a week over with mummy's family and to say I was adored and doted on was an understatement and I will look forward to seeing them again. Just thinking about the past year brings a smile to my face, there has been many ups and downs and if there was one thing I would change if I could go back and change it would be to settle down here quicker than I did but that is all.

"What is my princess smiling about" daddy askes as he picks me up taking me through to the dining room since it is lunch time "Nothing daddy, just happy" I say cuddling into his side "I am happy your happy princess now let's make that tummy happy too" he says tickling my side making me laugh.

And with that all I can think is – I LOVE MY FAMILY.

The end.