Chapitre 32

Something was wrong. Taehyung could feel it in his whole body, something was wrong. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he came to the campfire where Namjoon and Jin were softly talking. Looking at the bottom of the cavern, Taehyung noticed Jinhyoon wasn't here.

-did you see Jinhyoon, he worriedly asked.

-Oh, yes, she couldn't sleep and went for a walk on the beach.

-when ??

-it was almost dawn, maybe one hour or two ? why ? you seemed worried Taehyung, something happened ? asked Jin, worried too.

Taehyung didn't answer and ran to the beach.

-No no no no no !! please... please...

He should have guessed her hug the day before wasn't normal...He hopped it was his paranoid brain which gave him such terrifying thoughts. The path to the beach was long, he had to cross the forest, almost falling but keeping running like an athlete he wasn't. Once his feet found the sand, he looked around but didn't find a sign of his friend. The now teary young man ran closer to the sea, and his heart stopped when he saw the scarf his friend always wore to protect from the sun, she always sniffed it because it smelled like his baby... a stone hold on the scarf, to prevent it to fly away, and Taehyung only see the message once he took it. Jinhyoon might have written it on the sand, to let them know.

" I am sorry. I can't anymore. Stay safe."

Taehyung screamed and ran to the water, even if he knew she was gone long time ago now, there was no hope to find her in the huge sea. But he tried it. The water reached his belly when two strong arms stopped him to go further.

-nooooo !! let me go !!!

-she's gone Tae ! there is nothing you could do now, she's gone...

The words hit him hard, making him stop struggling to free himself from Jungkook's arms, allowing the latter to bring them back to the beach, while Taehyung was a complete mess. Seeing his lover in such a sorrow brought tears in Jungkook's eyes, he knew they were close friends, the pain might be unbearable...

All he wanted was to keep Taehyung in his arms, to protect him from the world.

They collapsed on the sand, and Jungkook took him on his laps, rocking him to soften his pain, whispering some comfort words in his ears.

Soon, Jin and others joined them, and without a word they understood.

After a while, the group came back to the camp, and Jin just patted Jungkook back to comfort him.

The couple stayed like this a long time, Taehyung being inconsolable. After what seemed hours, Taehyung's cries stopped and he just sniffed, his head hidden in Jungkook's neck.

-I am sorry, Tae... we should have done better with her... she seemed so sad all the time, we should have known...

-she...she... sobbed Taehyung, last night... she came to me and hugged me... she was bidding farewell to me... and I didn't understand it...

-you couldn't know... we should respect her choice... it was her way to come back to her family...now, she is happy, wherever she is. She is happy, far from here.

Taehyung nodded, silently sobbing, right beside Jungkook who was tightly hugging him on his laps.

-we should come back, Tae.

-can... can I stay alone, please ? I need sometimes alone.

Jungkook sighed, didn't like to let him alone on the beach with dark thoughts.

-you are most of the time alone, Tae. Don't become more withdrawn please... I miss you...

Taehyung rose his head to look at Jungkook's eyes which were so round and beautiful and where he could see all the love he had for him, Kim Taehyung.

-I promise... I need time, ok ? he softly answered.

-ok... take your time, but please, don't stay too longer, the sun is hard this day.

Taehyung nodded and let Jungkook stood them up. Whit a sad smile, Jungkook let him alone.