Chapitre 40

Taehyung was desperate.

It has been 12 days since Jungkook and others went to find another place. 12 days.

Even if his friends tried to cheer him up, his hopes were now near to zero. How was it possible to survive in this storm, in the forest ? without a refuge, it was sure they didn't could do it, at least without damage.

The young man felt empty, his body without energy, his mind constantly shouting for his lover to come back to him. He cried every night, silently, because he didn't want his friends to worry more about him. Little by little, he withdrew into himself, running in the forest to wear himself out at work as not to dwell on Jungkook's absence. His smile never showed up as usual, his eyes all red and teary.

The sky was still cloudy, pouring rain from time to time, but Taehyung didn't care, nothing could warm his body now. It was strange how he could manage to physically work so hard, cutting wood, grabbing bananas and coconuts, doing the few laundries, as he ate reticently, one or two fruits in a day.

Taehyung was aware his clothes were floating on his body even though he wore a number of them hoping to warm him a little.

It was almost the evening, the dark engulfed little by little the vicinity, giving him less and less light to see what he was doing. The rain was falling again but nothing could affect him since the day he realized he would never be able to see Jungkook's face again. He was like a zombie, a dead body walking by force of habit, his brain lacking energy and preventing him to focus and think properly. He was dragging himself about to the cavern, head low to protect his eyes from the heavy drops, and with just two coconuts in his hands because he was exhausted to the point he wished to collapse right here and never awake anymore.

The tired young man came in the cavern and struggled to undress the wet coat he was wearing, almost falling but used the cold wall to stabilize himself, when he heard a voice behind him.

-Tae...

His body instinctively acted like a robot and turned around to see who was speaking to him.

Taehyung blinked like a broken neon light, because he couldn't believe his eyes.

Jungkook. Jungkook was here, standing before him, with a huge bandage circling his head.

Taehyung chuckled, his mind was really really really mad.

-I am definitely a goner... I have visions like a lunatic...

But the Jungkook before him rose his hands and cupped his face with such delicateness he barely felt them.

-I am here, Tae, your eyes don't trick you.

And Jungkook hugged him like he never did before, squishing Taehyung in his body as much as he could, crying in his neck with loud sobs.

Taehyung was petrified, and it took him some time to realize he wasn't dreaming. Jungkook came back. Then, tears flowed like a river on his cheeks, and both were quickly hardly sobbing in each other arms, Taehyung grabbing Jungkook's back to prevent him to go away, and soon, Jungkook whipped his running nose and eyes before kissing him all over again and again.

-I missed you, I missed you so much...mumbled Jungkook.

-where were you ???? grumbled Taehyung

-it's a long story but...

Jungkook stepped back to have a look on his lover, and what he saw didn't please him. Not at all.

-you are so skinny ! Tae ! you should take care of yourself ! look at you...

And he took him in his arms again while Taehyung cried more.

-I couldn't...he hiccupped, you weren't come back... I couldn't but think about the worse...I really thought I would never see you again...why did it take you so long to come back ??? whyyyyyyyyy ???

He was a total mess now, hiccupping in Jungkook's neck, his body shivering with strong jerks.

-calm down my love, please... everything is fine now, I am here...

It took long minutes to Taehyung to finally stop spasming, his hands on Jungkook's chest, or mostly his fists desperately gripping the other's shirt.

-you need to change, it would warm you, come on.

But Taehyung didn't want to let him go, cuddling him like a koala. But this koala was weak, and his tired body couldn't resist when Jungkook took his hands and made him walk a little far in the cavern, to Taehyung's place where his clothes were folded in a corner.

He helped Taehyung to undress and dried him with a towel. Once it was done, he wrapped him with a blanket while he picked some warm clothes. With his puppy eyes, Taehyung was continuously looking at him, enthralled by Jungkook's presence and unable to do anything else. So, Jungkook complied and dressed him up, softly laughing because Taehyung looked like a little kid, with his big eyes staring at him.

Once Taehyung warmly dressed, they hugged again, Jungkook softly caressing his back.

-the others are waiting for us, we will tell you what happened to us, mmm ?

With a nod, Taehyung and he walked to join the group, gathered around the fire camp. Everyone welcome them, making Taehyung cried again, stammering how much happy he was to see them safe. Jungkook sat down, his back on the stone wall and grabbed Taehyung's hand to make him sat between his legs. With a relief sigh, Taehyung complied and soon, both were cuddling while Hoby spoke.