Dirty Mind

We lay in bed, the silence between us palpable. Thirty minutes had passed without either of us drifting off to sleep. I broke the silence, my voice barely above a whisper. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel good," Kyle replied, his voice equally soft.

The silence fell again, like a thick fog. I hesitated, then spoke up once more. "Kyle?"

"Yes?" he answered, his voice low and gentle.

I took a deep breath, my heart racing. "I think you're brave, strong, and really attractive... like gravity."

Kyle remained quiet for a moment, the only sound his steady breathing. Then, his voice pierced the silence. "Why do you think that?"

I swallowed hard, my mouth dry. "I'm answering the question you asked me the day we met... what I thought of you."

He paused again, as if processing my words. "So, you think I'm attractive?"

I hesitated, my voice caught in my throat. "Amm..."

Before I could finish, Kyle's lips were on mine, his kiss unexpected but electrifying. It was like seeing the light for the first time, a sensation that left me breathless and wanting more. But as suddenly as it began, the kiss ended. Kyle turned away, his back facing me, leaving me bewildered and longing for more.

Kyle remained silent, his quietness a stark contrast to the kiss we had shared moments before. I wondered if I had said something wrong, but the memory of his lips on mine reassured me that everything was fine. We drifted off to sleep, the silence between us a palpable force.

The sound of knocking on the living room door broke the spell, and I groggily got out of bed to answer it. I opened the door to find Ella standing outside, and before I could say a word, she pushed past me and entered on her own.

"Hey, Shawn!" she said, her voice cheerful as she made her way into the living room.

I followed her, feeling a mix of confusion and surprise. "Hey, Ella. What brings you here?"

Ella flopped down on the couch, making herself at home. "Just thought I'd drop by and say hi. I was in the neighborhood."

Ella sat quietly, her eyes fixed on me with a hint of amusement. "Aren't you going to clean up? It's the afternoon, and you look like it's morning," she said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

I shrugged, feeling a bit defensive. "I'm at home, it's not like anyone will see me."

Ella raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm seeing you, and it's torture."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards my bedroom door, intending to grab some clothes and freshen up. But as I entered, Ella's eyes followed me, and she spotted someone else in my bed.

"Who's that in your bed?" she asked, her voice laced with curiosity.

I tried to play it cool. "No one."

But Ella wasn't buying it. She pushed past me and entered my room, her eyes widening in surprise. "Oh my god!" she exclaimed, her hand flying to her mouth. "What is Kyle doing in your bed naked?"

I defended myself quickly. "He's not naked, he's shirtless."

Ella turned to me, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Okay, but why is he in your bed?"

I hesitated, unsure how much to reveal. "It's hard to explain."

Ella's eyes lit up with curiosity. "Oh my god, Shawn, I think I need tips from you on how to get guys. Not a few days ago, you had a crush on him, but now he's in your bed. Tell me your secret!"

And as I thought, Ella took things too far, as always. "Ella, calm down, I have no tips," I said, trying to reason with her. "I'll explain everything to you later if you need it, just go. I'll call you."

But as I was directing her towards the door, Kyle woke up and stood at my bedroom door, his eyes fixed on both of us with a curious expression.