Cardiac Silence

After my parent's devorce, I was faced with a heart-wrenching decision:which parent to live with, I chose to stay with Mum,but that meant leaving Dad and the only home I'd ever known behind. We relocated to a new house, forcing me to start a new school and begin a daunting new chapter in life.

"Shawn wake up! You'll be late for class!"mum called out,her voice knocking accompanied by a loud knock on my bedroom door.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I screamed in a distraught tone, before falling back asleep. The next thing I knew, I was being jolted awake by water splashing on my face, followed by a loud voice bellowing, "Get your ass up!"

This time, I woke up with a sense of dread and began my morning routine, trying to shake off the feeling of unease. I trudged to the bathroom, took a shower that felt more like a chore than a luxury, and brushed my teeth with a sense of nervous energy. I then spent an agonizing amount of time choosing my outfit, knowing that I needed to make a good impression on my first day at a new school. I initially settled on a yellow and green ensemble, but my anxiety whispered in my ear, "You'll stick out too much, you'll draw too much attention." So, I changed into an all-black outfit, feeling like I was dressing for a funeral instead of a fresh start. My mind raced with worst-case scenarios as I tried to calm myself down, reminding myself that it was just the first day and it would be okay.

I went into the kitchen to eat some breakfast, but I felt like spilling my guts. "Good morning, aren't you forgetting something?" my mum asked with a concerned face.

"Like what?" I asked while chewing my sandwich.

"Like washing your nasty hands," she replied.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little down today. I'm sorry anyway, have a good day. I'm not feeling well enough to finish the meal anyway."

"I know you're just trying to avoid school, and I'm not letting you do that, so get out."

I sat on my bike and went down the street, feeling all sweaty in the hands. In no time, I arrived at school, seeing green everywhere. I had to find my way through this rough day, but first, I needed to find my first class.

"Do you know where the English class is?" I asked a weird-looking girl with green and red tinted hair.

"Don't you greet, and I'm not a tree, I have a name."

"I'm sorry, Hi, I'm Shawn, and sorry for that."

"You really like saying sorry a lot, and by the way, I'm Ella. You can follow me; I'm going there too."

"Thanks, and sorry for everything."

"You really should stop saying sorry."

"Here we are, and the rest are in your hands," she said, leaving me outside the classroom door. I knocked hesitantly, and the teacher called out, "Come in."

I entered the room, trying to avoid eye contact to keep my anxiety at bay. The teacher, Mr. Fred, or Freddie as he preferred, greeted me with a charming smile. "Welcome to our loving school. I'm Mr. Fred, but you can call me Freddie."

He attempted to appear cool, but I wasn't convinced. "Would you like to tell the class a little about yourself?" he asked.

I shook my head, "No, I'm fine."

He gave me a stern look. "It's not an option."

Feeling pressured, I muttered, "Hi, my name is Shawn, and I'm new here. That's all."

I tried to sound confident, but I couldn't help feeling like an outsider. Freddie nodded and instructed me to take the empty seat behind Kyle.

As I scanned the room, my eyes landed on the vacant chair in the back. But what caught my attention was the boy sitting next to it - Kyle. His curly hair and brown eyes were unlike anything I had ever seen. The brown was a unique shade, one that defied description.

I made my way to the seat, feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension as I sat down beside Kyle. Little did I know, this was just the beginning of a journey that would change everything.

"Thanks for reading ♥️, tell me what you think, your thoughts are a precious gem! ✨"