Soft Walk

As we strolled down the street, Kyle asked, "What tea was Ella talking about?"

"Nothing, she's just playful," I replied with a chuckle.

Kyle nodded, "Okay."

I turned to him, my curiosity piqued. "But where are we going, Kyle?"

He smiled softly. "We're going to see an old friend of mine, or the only person I can call family right now."

My curiosity deepened. "Who's that?"

Kyle's gaze drifted off, his voice filled with nostalgia. "It's a nurse, Amy. She was there for me since my mom died. With all the arguments with my dad, she's a shoulder I cry on. I always visit her every weekend."

The pieces clicked into place. "That's why you were always late for our project during the weekends," I replied, understanding.

Kyle nodded, "Yeah, I guess so."

I pressed on, "But what's so special about Amy?"

Kyle's eyes lit up, his hand tightening around mine. "She has a beautiful heart, you'll love her. And by the looks of it, she'll love you too."

The cold air around us seemed to dissipate, replaced by a sense of comfort and belonging. "You sure?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Kyle's gaze locked onto mine, his smile reassuring. "Yeah, you're a good person, Shawn. I'm sure about that."

With that, we continued our stroll, hand in hand, the world around us feeling more at ease.

"Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think! Keep sparkling, you're awesome! ♥️"