Hard Nut

After finishing our breakfast, I handed Kyle some of my clothes, and we prepared to head out. "Guess we're ready to go?" I said to Kyle, trying to sound nonchalant, but I deliberately avoided asking him where we were headed.

"Yeah, let's hurry before the sun goes down," he replied, standing up to leave. But I couldn't help wondering if he still remembered the kiss we shared last night. It was all I could think about, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it had left a lingering tension between us

But it seemed like he didn't want to talk about it, so I waited for the right moment to bring it up. As we were heading out, Ella was still sitting on the couch, eating away.

"Ella, we're going somewhere, and I can't leave you here," I said, trying to reason with her. "What if my mother comes back and finds a stranger in the house?"

"I'll tell her I'm your friend. Stop being dramatic about it," she replied, her mouth full.

"Ella, be real," I said, turning off the TV she was watching. "Okay, okay, I'm leaving," she said finally, standing up.

"Where are you two going?" she asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

"I don't know. I'm just escorting Kyle," I replied.

"Can I come with you?" she asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I need to ask him some things. I'll tell you everything later, I promise. Please just go – it's already getting late, and Kyle said we have to hurry before the sun goes down."

Ella pouted but finally headed out the door, passing Kyle on her way out. "Okay, fine. But I need all the tea later, okay?" she said, tossing a glance over her shoulder.

"Thanks for reading! Keep shining, you're amazing!♥️✨"