Chapter 21

Third Person's Point Of View

As they drove through the streets, the eerie silence was interrupted only by the occasional creak of the car's engine and the soft murmur of their conversations.

The once-bustling city now felt like a ghost town, and the absence of people made the reality of their situation even more stark.

Aiah sighed again, her thoughts drifting back to her family in Cebu. She closed her eyes, silently praying for their safety. "Lord, sana ligtas sila," she whispered, her heart heavy with worry.

Gwen, noticing Aiah's distress. "We'll find them, Aiah."

Aiah nodded, grateful for Gwen's support. "Salamat, Gwen. Kailangan lang natin magtulungan."

Meanwhile, with Mikha, Sheena, and Colet:

Mikha's car had died unexpectedly, leaking gas that she had just filled that morning.

Sheena called out to her, urging her to leave the car and follow Colet.

"Tara na, wala na tayong oras," Colet demanded, her voice firm.

Navigating cautiously through debris-filled streets, Mikha leaned heavily on a makeshift crutch, her injured ankle throbbing with pain.

"We need to move quickly, okay? Baka may mga danger dito," Sheena whispered nervously to Mikha, who nodded in agreement.

Colet led them through a shortcut, avoiding main roads that seemed more dangerous. "Huwag kayong magulo," her eyes scanning their surroundings vigilantly.

As they walked, Mikha's suspicion of Colet grew.

She noticed a knife tucked into Colet's belt and paused, causing Sheena to look back at her with concern. "I don't trust her, Shee. Stay behind me, okay?" Mikha whispered urgently.

"She saved us, Ate," Sheena replied quietly, trying to calm Mikha's growing unease.

"Nawalan ng gas yung car eh kakapa-gas ko lang kaninang umaga. Full tank pa," Mikha muttered, voicing her suspicions about Colet possibly siphoning gas from her car.

Their argument was interrupted by Colet's sharp voice. "Bilisan niyo na, ano bang pinagtatalunan niyo jan?" she demanded, her gaze flicking between Mikha and Sheena.

Mikha noticed a scar on Colet's arm and pointed behind her, feigning interest. "Uy, sino yun nasa likod?"

As Colet turned to look, Mikha swiftly grabbed the gun from Colet's hand, startling her.

"Mikha Lim! Ano na naman bang ginagawa mo?" Sheena exclaimed, kneeling beside Mikha to check on her.

"Sino ka? Anong pakay mo sa'min?" Mikha demanded, her voice tense as she pointed the gun at Colet, who remained silent.

"Do you even know how to use guns, Mikhaela?" Colet smirked and swiftly disarmed Mikha, causing her to fall to the ground.

Sheena stared at Colet in disbelief. "Sino ka ba talaga?"

"Ako? Ako lang naman ang kapatid mo, Sheena Mae," Colet said casually, adjusting her leather jacket and securing the gun behind her back.

"Kapatid? Huh? Pinagsasabi mo? Only child lang ako!" Sheena protested, her eyes widening in shock.

"Patay na si mama," Colet stated bluntly.

Sheena's face paled as realization dawned.

Colet sighed. "Hays, sana 'di ko na lang niligtas toh eh," she muttered pertaining to Mikha, reaching out towards Sheena, who recoiled.