Chapter 3

Sheena's Point of View

When we arrived at Mikha's house, her mama greeted us with a warm smile, her eyes filled with concern as she took in my weary appearance.

"Mikha, anak, what happened? Okay lang ba ang baby ko?" Mama asked, referring to me, her voice laced with worry as she ushered us inside.

"She's fine, Mama. Just a bit of vertigo, but the nurse checked her out and said she'll be okay," Mikha reassured her, guiding me to the living room where I could rest.

Mama nodded, her expression softening with relief as she turned her attention to me. "Well, you're welcome here anytime, Sheena. Consider this your home away from home," she said warmly, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

I smiled gratefully, feeling a rush of warmth at Mama's kindness. "Thank you, Ma. That means a lot to me," I said softly, my voice filled with sincerity.

As Mama bustled around the kitchen, preparing a meal for us, Mikha and I settled onto the couch, our exhaustion finally catching up with us.

"So, you think you'll survive Mama's cooking tonight?" Mikha joked, nudging me playfully.

I laughed, feeling a sense of warmth and comfort settle over me. "I'll definitely give it my best shot. Can't say no to Mama's home-cooked meals," I replied, grinning back at her.

As we ate dinner together, laughter and conversation filled the air, easing the tension that had been weighing on my shoulders. At that moment, surrounded by the warmth and love of Mikha's family, I felt a sense of belonging that I hadn't realized I'd been missing.

Later that night, as Mikha and I retreated to her room to sleep, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more going on beneath the surface. Mikha's parents had always been close to mine, but there had been whispers of betrayal and deceit, secrets that they knew but I didn't.

But as I lay in bed, listening to the comforting sound of Mikha's breathing beside me, I pushed those thoughts aside. Right now, all that mattered was the friendship and support that Mikha had always offered me, and for that, I was endlessly grateful. With Mikha by my side, I knew that I could face whatever challenges lay ahead, no matter how daunting they may seem. And with that comforting thought, I drifted off to sleep, feeling safe and protected in Mikha's embrace.

-

In the darkness of the night, as I lay in Mikha's cozy bed, sleep eluded me. Instead of the peaceful slumber I craved, my mind was plagued by a recurring nightmare that haunted me relentlessly.

In the depths of my subconscious, I found myself trapped in a labyrinth of shadows, the darkness closing in around me like a suffocating shroud. Fear gnawed at my insides, a primal instinct urging me to flee, but no matter how fast I ran, I could never escape.

And then, just as the darkness threatened to consume me whole, a figure emerged from the shadows, its features shrouded in darkness. I could feel its malevolent presence looming over me, filling me with a bone-deep terror that I couldn't shake.

I tried to scream, to call out for help, but my voice was lost in the oppressive silence of the void. Desperate, I reached out for Mikha, searching for her comforting presence to anchor me in reality, but she was nowhere to be found.

Alone and terrified, I was engulfed by the darkness, consumed by a sense of helplessness that threatened to crush me beneath its weight. And as the nightmare dragged on, stretching into eternity, I felt myself teetering on the edge of madness, my grip on reality slipping away with each passing moment.