Chapter 4

Mikha's Point of View

After breakfast, Mama emerged from the living room, a warm smile on her face as she greeted us. "Good morning, mga magaganda kong anak," she said, her eyes twinkling with affection as she looked at Sheena and me.

"Morning, Ma," I replied, feeling a rush of gratitude for the woman who had raised me with such love and care.

Sheena echoed my greeting, her smile brightening as Mama approached us. "Good morning, Mama," she said, her voice soft with warmth.

Mama smiled at Sheena, her eyes softening with affection. "How are you feeling today, Sheena?" she asked, her tone gentle and concerned.

Sheena nodded, a grateful smile playing on her lips. "Much better, thank you po," she replied, her eyes shining with gratitude.

Mama's smile widened, a sense of warmth spreading through the room as she wrapped us both in a comforting embrace. "I'm glad to hear it, nak," she said, her voice filled with motherly affection.

As we pulled away, I felt a surge of love for the woman who had always been there for me, supporting me through thick and thin. With Mama by our side, I knew that Sheena and I could face whatever challenges lay ahead, together as a family.

-

Sheena's Point Of View

As we sat together enjoying our lunch, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that had been weighing on my mind all morning. Despite the laughter and camaraderie, there was a hollow ache in my chest, a longing for something I couldn't quite name.

As I watched Mikha laugh at something I said, a pang of sadness washed over me, reminding me of the absence of my biological mother in my life. I wondered where she was, what she was doing, and if she ever thought of me the way I thought of her.

Basically, I had been raised by Mikha's mother ever since my father's departure, and while Mama had always treated me with love and kindness, there were moments when I couldn't help but feel the absence of my own mother's presence. It was a feeling I couldn't quite put into words, a sense of longing that lingered in the depths of my heart.

I missed the sound of her voice, the warmth of her embrace, and the feeling of security that only a mother could provide. It was a pain that I had grown accustomed to over the years, but it never truly went away, resurfacing whenever I found myself lost in thoughts of my past.

Despite my longing, I knew that Mama loved me in her own way, and for that, I was grateful. She had been there for me through thick and thin, offering unwavering support and guidance whenever I needed it most. But no matter how much love she showered upon me, there would always be a part of me that yearned for the mother I had lost.

Lost in my thoughts, I barely noticed when Mikha reached out to touch my hand, offering me a reassuring smile. "You okay, Shee?" she asked, her voice filled with concern.

I blinked back the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes and forced a smile onto my lips. "Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, though the words felt hollow even to my own ears.

Mama, ever perceptive, shot me a knowing glance before turning back to Mikha with a playful grin. "She's just tired, dear," she said, her voice tinged with sympathy. "It's been a long day for all of us."

I felt a surge of gratitude towards Mama for her understanding, even if she didn't fully grasp the depth of my emotions. She had always been there for me, offering unwavering support and love, even when I struggled to articulate my feelings.

Mikha didn't press further, sensing that I needed some space to sort through my emotions. Instead, she squeezed my hand gently before turning her attention back to our lunch, allowing me the time and space I needed to come to terms with my feelings.