Chapter 7

Third Person's Point Of View

Mikha and Stacey stepped out of the classroom, their shoulders tense with anticipation as they prepared to leave the stifling atmosphere of their lecture behind. As they exited the lecture hall, Mikha and Stacey exchanged weary glances, the weight of the day's events heavy on their shoulders.

"Kapagod, ayoko na," Mikha muttered, running a hand through her hair as they navigated the bustling hallway.

Stacey nodded in agreement, her brow furrowed with concern. "I hope Maloi doesn't do anything stupid," she replied, her voice tinged with worry.

Mikha sighed, her mind still reeling from the confrontation they had just witnessed. "Yeah, me too," she admitted, her steps slowing as they approached the exit.

As they made their way through the crowded hallway, the distant sound of raised voices caught their attention, drawing them toward the source of the commotion.

Turning the corner, they found themselves confronted with a scene. Maloi, her usually composed demeanor shattered, was engaged in a heated argument with another student, their voices echoing off the walls in a cacophony of anger and frustration.

Mikha's initial reaction was one of indifference – she had no interest in getting involved in someone else's drama. But before she could walk away, Stacey grabbed her arm, her eyes pleading for help.

The words "snake" and "traitor" hung in the air like a heavy fog, casting a shadow over Maloi's reputation. It was clear that the argument stemmed from accusations of infidelity—rumors swirling about Maloi's involvement with the other student's boyfriend.

Stacey's grip tightened on Mikha's arm, a silent plea for them to intervene before things got out of hand. Mikha hesitated, torn between her loyalty to Stacey and her desire to avoid getting dragged into the drama.

But as the argument reached a fever pitch, Mikha knew they couldn't just stand idly by. With a determined nod, she stepped forward, her voice cutting through the chaos like a knife.

"Hey, enough!" Mikha called out, her tone commanding attention. "This isn't the time or the place for this."

Maloi turned to face Mikha, her expression a mix of defiance and frustration. "Stay out of this, Mikha," she spat, her words laced with venom. "This doesn't concern you."

But Mikha stood her ground, refusing to back down. "It concerns all of us," she retorted, her voice unwavering. "We're all in this together, whether you like it or not."

Stacey stepped up beside Mikha, her presence a silent show of solidarity. Together, they formed a united front against the storm brewing in the hallway, determined to weather whatever came their way.

The tension in the hallway grew thicker by the second, a palpable energy crackling in the air like static electricity. Mikha's heart raced in her chest as she watched the scene unfold before her, her muscles tense with apprehension.

The other student, fueled by a potent mix of anger and betrayal, lunged forward and seized a handful of Maloi's hair, yanking her backward with a forceful tug. Maloi winced in pain, her eyes flashing with a mixture of fury and indignation as she struggled to break free from the other student's grasp.

"Mangaagaw!" the student spat, her voice dripping with venom. "How could you do this to me? Akala ko ba magkaibigan tayo?"

Mikha's stomach churned at the sight, her mind reeling with a whirlwind of emotions. She felt a surge of empathy for Maloi, knowing all too well the sting of betrayal and the weight of false accusations. But she also felt a flicker of anger at the situation—anger at the injustice of it all, anger at the pain being inflicted upon her friend.