Chapter 24

Third Person's Point Of View

The next day, Colet was jolted awake, her eyes snapping open as she muttered to herself, "Shit, nakatulog ako."

Her eyes landed on Sheena, who was already awake, sitting quietly. "Morning," Sheena greeted softly.

Colet quickly stood up, scanning the room. "Nasaan si Mikhaela?"

Sheena shrugged. "When I woke up wala na siya rito eh."

Colet's gut twisted with unease, a feeling she couldn't shake.Suddenly, a gunshot rang out, startling Sheena.

Without hesitation, Colet bolted towards the door. Sheena started to follow, but Colet spun around, instructing her to stay put. "Stay here."

Sheena shook her head. "Ate ko rin yun!"

Colet hadn't anticipated Sheena's stubbornness. She grabbed Sheena's arm, her grip firm. "Okay, you can come pero stay behind me."

A menacing shout echoed through the air. "Where are you? Nandito na kasama mo."

Colet's blood ran cold. It was the same man from the night before.

As they approached the source of the voice, they saw a group of five men.

One of them had a fistful of Mikha's hair, dragging her roughly.

Colet paused, turning to Sheena. "Hide," she whispered urgently.

Sheena shook her head again, her eyes pleading. "I can help. Please let me help."

Colet hesitated, the weight of their situation pressing down on her. Her eyes scanned their surroundings and landed on an armed car nearby. "Can you drive?" she asked Sheena.

Sheena nodded. "Why?"

Colet pointed to the car. "Nakikita mo 'yang car?"

Sheena nodded again, understanding dawning in her eyes.

Colet's eyes darted to the man holding Mikha, noticing the car keys dangling from his pocket. Just then, the man kicked Mikha in the back, making her cry out in pain.

Colet's anger flared. "This fucker," she hissed under her breath.

Sheena looked scared, but Colet focused on her. "Get in the car. Kukunin ko yung susi at si Mikha. I'll throw the keys to you. You're a good catcher, diba? Once we get in the back of the car, drive."

Sheena nodded, her hands trembling slightly. Colet handed her a knife. "Oh, take this, just in case."

With the plan in motion, Sheena quietly sneaked towards the car.

Colet watched, ready to intervene if Sheena got caught. But Sheena moved smoothly, slipping into the car unnoticed.

Colet took a deep breath, then walked towards the men with her hands in the air. The men noticed her, and Colet saw Mikha's lips bleeding.

"Let her go," Colet said, her voice steady. "Sasama ako sa inyo." It was all part of the plan.

The men smirked. "Sinong maniniwala sa'yo?" The man holding Mikha's hair yanked it harder, making Mikha wince in pain.

It was Colet's last straw. She pulled out a blind bomb from behind her, throwing it at the men. The bomb exploded into a cloud of thick smoke, blinding them.

Colet sprinted towards Mikha, kicking the man holding her and snatching the keys from his pocket. "Keep your eyes closed," she whispered to Mikha as she pulled her towards the car.

Colet threw the keys to Sheena, who fumbled for a moment before starting the engine. Colet and Mikha jumped into the back of the car just as the men began firing.