Chapter 30 🐨

Third Person's Point Of View

Without warning, Anna lunged forward, her knife catching the last light of the setting sun as it gleamed ominously.

Gwen's senses heightened and her adrenaline pumping reacted instinctively.

Gwen blocked Anna's initial strike with a precise parry, the sound of metal clashing against metal echoing through the tense silence.

Anna's grin was a chilling contrast to Gwen's grim determination.

The two women engaged in a fierce struggle, their movements a flurry of strikes and counters, each fighting with everything they had.

The narrow street around them seemed to close in as their battle raged. Every movement was a testament to their desperation and will to survive.

The survivors, witnessing the violent clash, stood on the edge, their eyes darting between Gwen and Anna, their hearts pounding with the uncertainty of what would come next.

In the midst of the chaos, Gwen's attention momentarily wavered as she glanced back at her friends, her concern evident in her eyes.

This brief distraction, though unintentional, was enough for Anna to exploit. With a predatory gleam in her eyes, Anna seized the opportunity.

Her knife flashed through the air, finding its mark as it drove into Gwen's side with a sickening thud.

The pain was immediate and overwhelming, causing Gwen to gasp and stagger.

Despite the intense pain radiating through her body, Gwen refused to succumb. Her expression, though strained, was one of unwavering resolve.

She managed to push Anna away with a forceful shove, her eyes blazing with a fierce determination even as blood trickled from her wound.

"Run... umalis na kayo," she choked out, her voice cracking with the effort.

The urgency in her voice was palpable, a desperate plea for her friends to escape while they still had a chance.

Anna, momentarily disoriented by Gwen's push, regained her footing with a sneer. "You think you can protect them? You're just delaying the inevitable," she taunted, her voice dripping with malice.

She raised her knife once more, her eyes narrowing as she prepared to strike.

However, before she could move, Colet and Mikha surged forward, their sudden and determined intervention forcing Anna to retreat.

Colet's face was set in grim determination as she closed the distance between herself and Anna. Her eyes were cold and resolute, reflecting her unwavering commitment to protecting her friends.

Mikha's eyes were wide with a mix of fear and anger, her heart pounding as she fought to push Anna back.

As Gwen dropped to the ground, her vision began to blur at the edges, the world around her growing dim.

She looked up at her friends with a sorrowful expression, her voice barely a whisper.

"I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you... Please, live for me..." Her words were filled with a deep, heartbreaking sincerity, her strength waning as she reached out with a trembling hand to Sheena.

The sight of Gwen's suffering had a profound effect on Sheena. The intensity of the moment was overwhelming, and Sheena's grief quickly turned into frantic anger.

With a desperate determination, she snatched Colet's gun and pointed it at Anna's retreating form. Her hands were trembling uncontrollably, her emotions raw and unchecked.