Chapter 34

Third Person's Point Of View

Colet is still on her knees, looked on in utter helplessness, the weight of their loss pressing heavily on her shoulders. The same goes for Jhoanna who's hugging her knees, wanting it all to stop, that maybe, just maybe, it's all just a dream all along.

On the other hand, Sheena is still in shock from the brutal assault on her friend, who was dragged away by the men, her pleas and screams fading as the vehicle pulled away.

The sight of Sheena's abduction was another blow to the group, compounding the sense of loss and helplessness that hung over them.

Mikha held Maloi's lifeless body tightly, her tears falling onto Maloi's cold skin.

Her hands, now stained with Maloi's blood, were trembling as she struggled to come to terms with the finality of the moment.

She looked at Aiah, whose face was streaked with tears and smeared with blood.

The two women shared a look of profound sorrow and shared pain.

The sky was darkening, and the chill of the night began to seep into their bones.

The once vibrant and hopeful day had turned into a grim tableau of loss and mourning.

The wind carried away the sounds of Mikha's heart-wrenching cries, leaving behind an eerie silence that seemed to weigh heavily on the group.

"Maloi, please, just wake up," Mikha begged, her voice hoarse from crying. She gently brushed Maloi's hair away from her face, her touch tender despite the brutal reality of the situation.

"I need you. We all need you."

Jhoanna tried to offer what comfort she could. She gently placed a hand on Mikha's shoulder, her own grief overwhelming her. "I'm so sorry, Mikha," she managed to say between sobs. "I... I couldn't stop him."

Colet, her heart aching with the weight of their loss, stood up slowly, her movements mechanical. She looked around at the desolate surroundings, her mind racing with a myriad of thoughts and regrets.

The mission, their friends, and their own safety all seemed to blur together in a haze of despair.

"We need to get out of here," Colet said finally, her voice barely a whisper. "We can't stay here. It's not safe."

Mikha looked up, her eyes red and swollen from crying. Her gaze was fixed on Maloi's body, her heart aching at the thought of leaving her behind.

"But we can't just leave her here," she said, her voice breaking with the weight of her emotions.

Aiah nodded. "We need to give her a proper farewell."

Colet's eyes softened with understanding. "We will. But we need to find a safe place first. We can't stay here, not with those men and zombies out there."

With heavy hearts, the group began the painful process of moving Maloi's body. Mikha and Jhoanna worked together, their hands gentle as they lifted Maloi and prepared to carry her to a safer location.

Colet, her own grief mixed with a sense of urgency, led the way as they navigated the desolate landscape.

As they moved, the reality of their situation began to sink in.

The loss of Maloi was a devastating blow, one that would leave a lasting impact on each of them.

Their sense of purpose had been shattered, and the path ahead seemed uncertain and fraught with danger.

Despite the darkness and the pain, there was a glimmer of resolve in their hearts. They would find a way to honor their friends' memories and continue their fight.