Chapter 28

Third Person's Point Of View

The weight of Stacey's sacrifice hung heavily over the group as they stood outside the building. The oppressive silence was only broken by Jhoanna's quiet sobs and the distant groans of the undead.

The emotional toll was evident in their weary expressions and the hollow look in their eyes.

The air was thick with a mixture of grief and determination as they processed the loss of their friend.

The atmosphere was laden with the unspoken grief of each member, their shared experiences forming a silent bond.

Jhoanna seemed particularly affected, her gaze distant and unfocused as she stared into the darkness. Her shoulders trembled with the effort to contain her grief.

Her breath came in ragged gasps, and her hands clenched into fists, gripping the pink bracelet Stacey gave her on their 6th anniversary.

A connection to Stacey that she was not yet ready to let go of.

The bracelet, now a symbol of Stacey's sacrifice, seemed to pulse with emotional weight, linking Jhoanna to her lover in a way words could not.

Aiah, noticing Jhoanna's detachment, approached her cautiously. Her face was a mixture of sympathy and resolve. "Jhoanna, kailangan na nating umalis. We have to keep going for Stacey," she said gently, placing a hand on Jhoanna's shoulder.

The warmth of her touch was meant to ground Jhoanna, to remind her that they still had a fight ahead. Aiah's voice was steady, reflecting her own inner strength and the burden of leadership she felt.

Jhoanna didn't respond, her eyes still fixed on a point far beyond their current reality. She was lost in a sea of memories and regret. Aiah squeezed her shoulder a little tighter, hoping to draw her back.

"Jho, naririnig mo ba ako?" Her voice was calm but firm, a lifeline thrown into the storm of Jhoanna's emotions.

A moment passed before Jhoanna blinked, a flicker of recognition in her eyes.

The distant look softened as she focused on Aiah.

"Aiah."

Jhoanna whispered, her voice raw with emotion.

"I... Wala na siya."

Aiah knelt beside her, trying to meet her eyes.

The act of kneeling was symbolic, showing that Aiah was willing to lower herself to Jhoanna's level to offer comfort.

"We're all hurting, Jho. But Stacey's sacrifice can't be in vain. She fought so we could live. Let's honor her by surviving."

Sheena joined them, her expression soft with concern. Her eyes mirrored Aiah's resolve but were tinged with the vulnerability of someone who had also lost a friend.

"Jho, alam kong mahirap, but Stacey would want us to survive. We need you here, okay?"

Jhoanna finally looked at them, her eyes welling up with fresh tears.

The floodgates opened, and her sobs became more pronounced. "I'm sorry... I just... I can't believe na wala na siya," she whispered, her voice breaking under the weight of her grief.

Aiah and Sheena exchanged a look, understanding the depth of Jhoanna's pain. They were all feeling the loss but needed to stay strong for the sake of their survival.

The unspoken communication between them was a testament to their bond.

"We know," Sheena said softly, placing a hand over Jhoanna's. "But we need to stay strong. For her. For all of us."