Chapter 22

Third Person's Point Of View

Colet stepped out of the building, her senses on high alert.

She moved cautiously through the deserted streets, the faint sounds of distant growls and shuffling footsteps keeping her on edge.

She needed to find medical supplies quickly and return to Mikha and Sheena para magamot na ang mga ito.

She navigated through narrow alleys and side streets, avoiding main roads that were likely more dangerous.

As she walked, she kept her hand on the handle of her knife, ready to defend herself if necessary.

After several minutes of tense searching, Colet spotted a small convenience store.

The windows were shattered, and the door hung off its hinges, but it was her best chance. She carefully entered the store, stepping over broken glass and debris.

Inside, the store was ransacked, shelves overturned, and goods scattered everywhere.

Colet quickly scanned the area, looking for anything useful. She found a first aid kit, half-buried under a pile of canned goods. She grabbed it and continued searching, finding a few bottles of water and some non-perishable food items.

As she was about to leave, she heard a low growl behind her.

Colet turned to see a zombie, its eyes locked onto her, slowly advancing. She tightened her grip on her knife, preparing to defend herself.

The zombie lunged at her, and Colet sidestepped, slashing at its neck with precision.

The zombie collapsed to the floor, but the noise had attracted more. She could hear them approaching, their groans growing louder.

Colet knew she had to move fast. She gathered the supplies and made her way back to the exit, glancing over her shoulder to see several zombies closing in.

She sprinted through the door and back into the alley, her heart pounding in her chest.

She navigated the streets, constantly checking her surroundings for any signs of danger. She could hear the zombies behind her, their footsteps growing fainter as she put distance between them.

As she turned a corner, Colet suddenly found herself face-to-face with a group of armed men. Their eyes were cold and calculating, and they blocked her path, their weapons raised.

"Well, well, look what we have here," one of the men sneered, his voice dripping with malice. "A lone survivor, and she seems to have some useful supplies."

Colet's grip on her knife tightened as she assessed her options. She couldn't afford to lose these supplies, not when Mikha and Sheena were depending on her.

Colet took a step back, her eyes darting around for an escape route.

"Hand over those supplies, and we might let you go," another man said, his tone menacing.

Colet wasn't scared of the men. She scanned their stances and positions, formulating a plan. When one of the men tried to grab the supplies from her, she swiftly kicked him in the chest, sending him crashing to the ground.

The group of men grew angrier, their expressions darkening with rage.

Colet knew she didn't have enough time to fight them all.

She had to run.

Without warning, she darted past the men, sprinting down the alley. "Get her!" one of the men shouted, and they gave chase.

Colet's heart pounded in her chest as she ran, her mind focused on survival. She could hear the men behind her, their footsteps echoing through the narrow streets.

She knew she had to outsmart them, to lose them in the maze of alleys and backstreets.

She turned another corner and spotted a narrow passageway between two buildings.

Without hesitation, she slipped into the passage, her body pressed against the walls as she moved silently. The men ran past the entrance, their shouts growing fainter.

Colet took a moment to catch her breath, her body trembling with adrenaline. She couldn't stay here for long. She had to get back to Mikha and Sheena.

She carefully made her way through the passage, emerging on the other side into a quiet street.

Her surroundings were eerily quiet, the distant sounds of the city a stark contrast to the immediate danger she had just escaped.

She quickly made her way back to the building where Mikha and Sheena were waiting.

When she finally reached the building, she pounded on the door.

The pounding on the door startled Sheena and Mikha. Sheena quickly scrambled to unlock it, letting Colet inside. Colet slammed the door shut behind her and locked it. Sheena's eyes widened in confusion, but Colet urgently signaled for silence.

"Stay quiet," Colet whispered, her eyes darting around the room, scanning for potential threats.

Colet rushed inside and closed the door behind her, her breath coming in short gasps.

"Colet, anong nangyari?" Sheena asked, confused but alert.

The sound of footsteps approached, and Colet pressed her finger to her lips, signaling Sheena and Mikha to get down. The three of them fell silent, listening intently.

They crouched low, hidden from view. The footsteps outside paused, and then a voice shouted, "Mahahanap ka rin namin!" The men sounded frustrated and angry.

As the footsteps faded away, Sheena looked at Colet with wide eyes, silently asking, "What happened?"

Colet shrugged off the question and handed Sheena the supplies. "What's important is I'm back, and I brought what we need. Let's take care of Mikha's ankle and that forehead of yours, Sheena."

Sheena obeyed without further questions. Colet approached Mikha, who seemed wary. "Baka ninakaw mo pa 'yan kaya ka hinabol," Mikha said, her voice tinged with suspicion.

Ignoring Mikha's comment, Colet handed her a towel. "Kagatin mo," she demanded.

Mikha looked confused. "What do you mean—"

Colet didn't wait for her to finish. She placed the towel in Mikha's mouth and said, "Sheena, hawakan mo," indicating Mikha to hold her steady.

Colet then proceeded to adjust Mikha's ankle bone to its original position, causing Mikha to scream in pain.

Within five seconds, the ankle was set.

Colet stood up and instructed, "Sheena, apply mo na lang yung ice jan, let it stay still."

As Sheena applied the ice to Mikha's ankle, Colet rummaged through the supplies, looking for something to clean Sheena's forehead wound.

Sheena's eyes went to Colet's arm, noticing a scar.

Sheena was about to ask about the scar, but Colet seemed to anticipate the question. "Got it from our mom," she said flatly.

"Mama?" Sheena asked, confused.

Colet paused as Sheena winced when she applied alcohol to her forehead. "It will heal faster. Baka ma-infection pa 'yan if we don't clean it."

Sheena nodded, allowing Colet to continue cleaning her wound.

Despite the pain, she was grateful for Colet's expertise and determination to keep them safe.

-