Chapter 27 🐱

Third Person's Point Of View

As the chaos erupted around them, Mikha's heart pounded in her chest, adrenaline fueling her every move.

The explosion had jolted their camp into pandemonium, and now, amidst the screams and the relentless advance of the undead, she felt a deep sense of urgency to keep her friends safe.

"Sabi ko na something's off eh," Mikha muttered to herself, her brows furrowed with worry as she scanned their surroundings for any sign of danger.

Aiah gripped Mikha's arm tightly, her own expression a mixture of fear and determination. "We need to get out of here, Mikha," she urged, her voice steady despite the chaos unfolding around them.

Before anyone could react, screams erupted from outside the camp perimeter. "Zombies! Nasa loob na ang zombies!" shouted the staff members, panic spreading like wildfire.

"We should go now!" Mikha exclaimed, her voice cutting through the chaos.

Sheena, standing nearby with Jhoanna and Stacey, looked around frantically. "Si Ate Colet?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Mikha's gaze darted through the throngs of panicked survivors, finally spotting Colet and Gwen pushing their way toward them through the sea of bodies.

"Oh ayan na," Mikha sighed with relief, though her relief was short-lived as the screams of "Zombies!" continued to echo through the camp.

The court area quickly descended into chaos as survivors scrambled in all directions, trying to escape the encroaching horde of zombies.

Mikha, Aiah, Gwen, Stacey, Sheena, Maloi, Jhoanna, and Colet formed a tight group, Colet taking the lead as they sprinted towards safety.

As they ran through the camp, barricading doors behind them, Colet's voice rang out. "Tangina niyo, buksan niyo toh!"

Mikha's eyes darted towards an open window. "Ayon, doon na tayo," she directed, urgency lacing her words.

One by one, they climbed out the window, with Aiah, Maloi, Jhoanna, and Sheena going first.

Mikha, Stacey, Gwen, and Colet stayed back, arming themselves with whatever weapons they could find.

Mikha with a baseball bat, Stacey with a steel bar, and Gwen and Colet with their guns.

Zombies closed in on them, their guttural moans growing louder as they sensed fresh prey.

Colet and Stacey worked together seamlessly, their actions encroaching on darkness.

Stacey swung her steel bar with precision, taking down one zombie after another, while Colet's gunfire echoed through the narrow hallway, each shot finding its mark with deadly accuracy.

With a nod of understanding, they joined the others outside through the window, their breaths coming in ragged gasps as they navigated through the dimly lit hallway.

Stacey and Gwen positioned themselves at the rear of the group, ensuring no zombies followed them as they made their way deeper into the labyrinthine structure.

Their path led them to a locked door, and Colet cursed softly under her breath. "Shit naman!" she exclaimed, frustration etched on her face as she inspected the stubborn lock.

Gwen hurried to help Colet and Mikha with the lock, her hands moving deftly despite the trembling in her fingers.

The metallic clink of metal against metal echoed loudly, a stark contrast to the approaching zombies.

Their efforts drew the attention of nearby undead, drawn inexorably towards the noise like moths to a flame.

With a final, desperate push, they managed to force the door open just in time, Mikha and Colet straining against their weight as the others rushed through to safety.