33

June 24,2022
Los Angeles, California

| Third Person Omniscient |

"Shit." Chris groaned as she stretched in bed. He had a headache but not a bad one. He was used to partying hard, he's been doing it since he became Chris Brown. It just got worse over the years. He checked the time and saw that it was 11 am. "Let me get my ass up."

Chris got out of bed and did his morning routine. He grabbed his phone and called Karina but she didn't answer, per usual. Chris sighed and threw his phone on the sink. Karina had been doing hair nonstop ever since she came back from Mexico. Her clientele started to shoot through the roof ever since people found out who she was and what she did. Karina loved it on the other hand though. Doing hair was her passion so she was excited to do it without putting limits on it. Of course she was tired after doing hair, but she was always ready to get back up in the morning and do it again.

However, Chris wasn't too happy with being blown off every time he wanted to speak to her or do something with her. He was surprised she even came to the release party last night. Chris was going to have the kids for the rest of the week since he was going on tour soon. When he went downstairs to heat up some leftover chinese food, there was a knock at the door. It was Nia and Royalty.

"Wassup Ro!" Royalty ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too!" Nia handed him her bag of clothes.

"See you later Ro. I love you, okay?" Nia said.

"Love you too." Royalty ran inside and they said their goodbyes. Not too long after, Aeko and Lovely were at the house too.

"I got all my little ones with me." Chris smiled at his kids. He loved being a dad. As he played with Aeko, his phone buzzed.

Unsaved Number: hey Chris!
12:10 pm

Chris looked at the number confused and then it dawned on him. He had texted Jazmine before he went to sleep. He stared at the message, contemplating on if he should respond or not.

you hungover too?
12:14 pm

Unsaved Number: hell yea lol
Unsaved Number: you guys party hard
12:16 pm

aw, you not used to hanging with the big dawgs?
12:17 pm

Unsaved Number: I could learn

Chris shut his phone off because Lovely started crying. He got up and got her out the bassinet and held her.

Karina was at her suite and her schedule was jam packed. She started to allow squeeze ins and this would cause her to leave her suite around 9:30 maybe 10 at night. She loved it though. This is what she saw herself doing before reaching her goal of opening her own salon, but that would a while before she could do that.

"Girl, you eat these braids up every time!" Her client said.

"You know I got to have you looking right boo." Karina said with a smile.

"How's the business going? I see your booking site looking extra packed these days."

"Yes girl. It's so crazy. I woke up one day and my dreams were coming true." The client smiled and finished paying for her hairstyle.

"Well I'm happy for you girl. Just keep me a spot open." The two laughed and she left. Karina looked at her watch and saw that her other client was coming in 30 minutes from now. She sat down and saw that Chris had called a couple of hours ago so she called back.

"Wassup?"

"Hey baby. I was doing hair and I dont have my airpods today. I think I left them at home somewhere."

"You good." Karina could tell Chris was upset by the dryness.

"Chris, are you still mad at me from last night? I literally told you everything we talked about." She sighed and out her hand on her forehead.

"Ian trippin off that."

"So why did you damn near throw me out the party last night? I didn't even tell you I was ready to go. You just told me my ride was outside." It was silent. "Chris?"

"You couldn't tell that he was trying to get at you? I mean that nigga have small talk with a lot of bitches he find cute and then he hit on them." Karina moved the phone from her face and looked at it confused.

"So Im a bitch to you?"

"Shit. No baby- DADDY NO CUSSING- Sorry Ro. No Rina I don't think you are a bitch. I didn't mean to come off that way. I'm just saying I know that nigga and his intentions ain't good."

"I understand. I just thought it was small talk nothing serious since nothing romantic or flirtatious happened. I'm sorry." It was quiet and Karina sighed. "So what you doing?"

"Chillin with the kids." It was still dry and Karina was getting annoyed.

"Chris is there anything else on your mind? You are so quiet and I feel like you don't want to be bothered with me." When she said that her customer walked in and she got out her seat. "Hey girl! I'll be right with you." Karina walked into the bathroom.

"I just feel like i'm last in your life right now. I know you love hair and this is your passion but damn...we barely talk anymore and I wasn't even expecting you to come to the release party since you always at the suite." Karina felt bad hearing this. She didn't mean to put their relationship last.

"I apologize Chris. I can admit that I have been putting this before our relationship and it wasn't on purpose I promise. I will do better baby. My schedule will be tweaked and we will be back to Karina and Chris. The dynamic duo. The best dancers alive." Chris chuckled and Karina smiled hearing him laugh. "I'm serious though Chris. I'm going to make time for us."

"Ight. Well I heard your client come in. Ion want you getting bad reviews or nothing. I love you."

"I love you too." Chris hung up the phone and fed the kids dinner. After everyone ate, he got everyone bathed and put in the bed. He had a crib in his room for Lovely since he didn't feel comfortable having her sleep in another room. He laid in bed and scrolled on Instagram for a little bit. As he scrolled, he ran across a few pictures from the release party. As he swiped, he saw a picture of Karina recording him on stage and he smiled. He swiped again and saw a picture of them hugging each other tightly. Before he could swipe again, he received a text.

Unsaved Number: you busy?
7:18 pm