Vol. 1 Stars - Ch 02 Everyone is Lonely

It was almost nine o'clock, and some people were leaving work one after another.

Ji Xing then packed up and left.

Passing by the boss's office, the boss who usually left very late left early today. Well, she stayed for an extra hour but was not seen by the boss, so she worked in vain.

Forget it, just treat it as avoiding the evening rush hour of the subway.

After leaving the office building, the CBD was full of tall buildings and bright lights, like exquisite jewellery boxes.

The temperature was even lower at night, and Ji Xing put on her down jacket and hat and hurried into the subway station.

This station was a bustling commercial district. It was past nine o'clock in the evening, and there were many people coming and going.

But it was strange today. She waited for a long time, but the subway did not come. The office workers who were working overtime and going home on the platform looked at each other.

Until the broadcast said that the subway was suspended due to operational failure.

The discussion suddenly started: "What's going on, is he sick!"

Someone in the crowd said that someone jumped over the Duanmen at a nearby station and committed suicide.

The discussion became louder: "I give up. Can't you choose home when committing suicide? Why come out to disrupt traffic order!" Many people complained that taking a taxi home would add another expense.

"It's so annoying. I will drag so many people down when I die." Ji Xing immediately opened the taxi app, but it was too late. The taxi fare in this area is tripled during the peak period, and they have to queue up.

She quickly changed her plan and ran out of the subway station through the complaining crowd to find a nearby shared bicycle. Unfortunately, she finally found the last one, but she was not as strong as a man's legs, so it was snatched away.

Four stations away, the temperature was below zero, and she could freeze to death walking back. Ji Xing returned to the subway station to avoid the wind. Several people who were also waiting in line for the bus were indignant and complained about the person who jumped off the track and died. She heard that the deceased was a young woman. Ji Xing listened to it for a while at first, but then she lost interest. She wanted to commit suicide because she couldn't get a taxi for a long time. Looking at her phone, she was ranked 49th. She couldn't help but feel a little bad. At this moment, her senior sister Li Li sent a voice message: "I'm going to pass by your company downstairs. Are you still working overtime?"

Ji Xing grabbed the life-saving straw: "The subway has stopped! Take me back!"

Li Li's car is a red Volkswagen POLO, which is economical and just right for transportation.

She is Ji Xing's senior sister in the same undergraduate major. She did not go to graduate school. After graduation, she joined a technology company. She felt that the salary was low, and the cycle was long, so she switched to marketing and sales. She is beautiful, has an outstanding image, and is smart. She has worked four years longer than Ji Xing and has now become the company's sales director.

She lives next door to Ji Xing, but she bought her own house, which is "old and broken". The down payment used up all her parents' savings. She owes a lot of debts to relatives and has to pay the mortgage every month. The house has not been properly renovated so far.

But buying a house is one of the many wise decisions Li Li has made. Because she bought it in the first half of 2015, it was the last time that ordinary people could afford to buy a house. After that, the housing price was like a wild horse that could not be controlled anymore.