Vol. 2 Cold Star - Ch. 18 Explain

When the dinner was over, Han Ting deliberately stayed until the end. Ji Xing guessed that he was thinking of her, knowing that she didn't want people to see them together.

And she really didn't want to go with him, vaguely feeling that he would settle accounts with her.

Before getting in the car, she whispered: "Boss Han, I'd better take a taxi myself."

Han Ting ignored her and got in the car. Ji Xing's scalp numbed, knowing that he was really angry; if she went back with him, she would definitely not have a good ending.

Tang Song asked Han Ting: "Are you going to the hospital?"

Ji Xing heard that he is really allergic to alcohol. If she left, it would be too much. She got in the car obediently and whispered: "Boss Han, are you okay?"

"Nothing." Han Ting didn't look at her, his cheeks were still red.

Tang Song handed over a plate of pills in front, Han Ting picked out three and poured them into the palm of his hand. Seeing this, Ji Xing hurriedly opened the mineral water bottle for him. But the bottle cap was too tight and didn't unscrew.

Han Ting looked at her for a second or two, took the bottle and unscrewed it, poured the pills into his mouth, and swallowed it with water.

Tang Song said: "How did Zhu Houyu sneak into the dinner today?"

Han Ting only said: "It was Lao Chen."

Tang Song was eager to protect his master, and his tone was even more fierce than usual: "Don't let me find out who is using him as a gun."

Ji Xing was even more restless when she heard his tone, and secretly glanced at Han Ting. He had just taken the medicine, and there was no obvious effect, and his cheeks were still red.

She thought he should go to the hospital: "Mr. Han..."

Han Ting turned his head to look at her. The streetlights outside the window were scattered, and his eyes were a little dark. She opened her mouth, but suddenly couldn't speak. When she saw that the atmosphere was going to be more awkward and tense, her cell phone rang.

It was Su Zhizhou who called, saying that Zhang Fengmei had a problem, the bone implant in her body was deformed and displaced, and now she was hospitalized again.

Ji Xing asked, "Where are you now?"

"The test centre."

"Okay, I'll be there right away." She put down the phone, not knowing whether she felt more guilty or relieved.

She looked at Han Ting, not daring to look him in the eye: "There's a problem with a volunteer, I have to go over there. Or I'll get off at the next intersection..."

Han Ting said, "It's on the way. I'll go and see."

"..." Ji Xing was uneasy and said, "Mr. Han, you are allergic to alcohol, why don't you go to the hospital for a check-up first? I'll report to you about this then."

Han Ting said, "I took the medicine. It's okay."

"..." Ji Xing had nothing to say, feeling a little panicked.

Since that night, she had a guilty conscience and didn't know how to appear in front of the employees with Han Ting.

Han Ting looked at her and saw that she was at a loss, looking guilty and self-blaming, but also afraid and confused, and more of a way of avoiding. He withdrew his gaze coldly.

Arriving at the Pioneer Medical Centre, Ji Xing and Han Ting went straight to Dr. Tu's office. Su Zhizhou and Xiaoshang were all there. Seeing Han Ting coming, they all greeted him politely.