Vol. 3 Silent Star - Ch. 07 Parent's Love

Ji Xing walked out of the building and looked up. In the night, the office building was brightly lit, like a huge and transparent crystal box. From the outside, it was hard to tell where the 45th floor was, probably at the top.

Ji Xing's home was not far away, so Qin Li took a taxi home and gave her a ride to the gate of the community.

After getting off the taxi, she ran into Li Li who was going home from get off work.

Li Li parked the car and walked with her to the apartment building, asking: "Who was that person just now?"

Ji Xing answered casually: "Qi Hui's colleague. It was time for dinner after the meeting, so we had dinner together."

Li Li's sense of smell was much sharper than hers, saying: "The car had already left, but the person in the car was still looking back at you."

"You think too much." Ji Xing said, "I haven't met him many times."

Li Li opened the door and walked into the corridor, asking: "What about you? Have you ever thought about a new relationship? It's the end of June, and it's been almost half a year since you broke up. ... But your starting point is too high, it's hard to fall in love again."

Ji Xing: "Can't I live alone? You have always been alone, and it's good to have a casual relationship occasionally?"

"I am me, and you are you. Can we be the same?" Li Li looked at her, "I can stay single for my whole life and still be happy; but you are looking forward to a partner and long-term love, right?"

Ji Xing was silent.

Li Li said: "If I put these words out there, I will be criticized to death by feminists. But no matter how reluctant I am, the fact of the marriage market is that in the eyes of most men, the best age for women is before 25. If you don't care, it doesn't matter. What are men? But if you care, just have a good relationship and manage it well. Don't squander a relationship easily; don't waste an opportunity easily. Even if it adds a little flavour to life, it's not a loss."

Ji Xing was silent for a moment, and said: "I know you are doing this for my own good. But I just want to follow my own heart now. As for whether I will regret it in the future, I will leave it to the future."

Li Li didn't say much after hearing this.

Ji Xing went home and video-called her mother. Her mother said that she wanted to come to Beijing to play with her father in a while, and asked her if she had time.

She knew that her parents said they were coming to play, but in fact they were always worried about her condition and wanted to accompany her. She also wanted to behave well, so that her parents could see that she was living well alone and let them feel at ease.

The next day, Ji Xing asked Jiang Huai for leave, just one day, so she got Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.

Jiang Huai said, "You are the vice president. You don't need my approval to ask for leave. You can arrange it yourself."

Ji Xing joked, "You are not afraid that I will be passive and lazy."

Jiang Huai looked at her, smiled faintly, took out an envelope from the drawer and handed it to her, saying, "The organizer of the Shenzhen AI Medical Conference in a while has sent an invitation letter. This is for you."

"I was invited?"

Ji Xing opened the envelope with surprise. The first line of the invitation letter read, "Dear Ms. Ji Xing,"

She was deeply moved: a whole year has passed since the last conference. At the beginning, she begged Han Ting to take her there through the back door, and this year she was invited legitimately.