Vol. 1 Stars - Ch 08 Qiusi's Blind Date

In the days that followed, Ji Xing continued to work as usual, still holding out hope that her boss would come to talk to her about her speech at the last meeting. But as the days passed, Zeng Di never looked for her again.

Once when they met in the corridor of the company, she smiled politely, but Zeng Di didn't notice her and just walked past.

This really hurt her self-esteem. But after a day or two of loneliness, Ji Xing gave up the unnecessary fantasy of wanting to be valued by the big boss. Life and work, in the final analysis, you still have to rely on yourself to take one step at a time.

On Thursday, Li Li called and said that she had received her salary and invited her and her two best friends, Wei Qiuzi, to dinner. Ji Xing wanted to work overtime, but Qiuzi complained that she was either working overtime or accompanying her boyfriend, and she hadn't attended a gathering with her best friends for a long time. So, she put down her work and went.

They said they were going to eat, but they went around the mall first. The skin care and makeup counters were the most dazzling. Li Li said that her cosmetics were almost used up and she wanted to buy a whole set to take back. After looking around at the counters here and there, comparing the texture and price, she finally bought a few items from each store.

When checking out, she said with a little self-mockery: "I will buy La Mer after I pay off my mortgage."

Ji Xing only bought a bottle of moisturizing water, but it cost more than 800 yuan. When paying the bill, she sighed that women's products are all highly profitable industries.

Li Li saw her painful expression and said with a smile: "Can you be more generous as someone who gives out awards at the mid-year and end of the year? Or just let Shao Yichen buy it for you."

Ji Xing rolled her eyes at her: "His money is not my money!" After a second, she muttered, "He bought it for me last time."

Li Li: "..."

Wei Qiuzi: "Showing affection again. Can you consider the feelings of a single dog like me who goes on blind dates every day?"

Ji Xing complained: "She started it first."

"I really regret not having a good relationship when I was studying. Some of the men I met after entering society... It's simply amazing."

Wei Qiuzi was Ji Xing's college roommate, but she started studying late. She is four years older than Ji Xing and one year older than her senior sister Li Li. However, she has a very feminine mentality and the issue of marriage is imminent.

She is a researcher at a materials research institute with a career system and a stable job. She likes to do research, and it is enough to gain something. She does not have the need to make a big career. Instead, she is more concerned about love and marriage, but she has not found the right one.

"You and Shao Yichen are still the best, from college to society."

"Shao Yichen is really a good person." Li Li, who is always stingy in praising men, also echoed, "I remember when you were studying, there was a junior sister chasing him, but he blocked her directly?"

"I heard that she hasn't given up yet. I heard." Ji Xing passed by the lipstick counter and glanced at the lipstick.

"Aren't you worried?" Qiuzi said, picking up a lipstick to try the colour.

"You don't know how much Shao Yichen likes me." Ji Xing snorted, "Besides, there are many people chasing me, did I pay attention to them?"

"Tsk tsk tsk, look who's tail flew to the sky."