Vol. 2 Cold Star - Ch. 06 The Valuable Trip

For the next week, Ji Xing’s schedule was very full.

She had to visit a company or enterprise every day, and the process on the schedule was like copying and pasting: reception, visit, discussion, meeting, banquet, group photo... The large-scale visit mode uniformly covered each receiving enterprise.

In addition to these, there were also internal training for students in the training class, class exchanges, etc.
Most of the other students in the training class were in their thirties or forties, much older than Ji Xing, and most of them came in groups, always gathering in twos and threes.

Ji Xing didn’t mind being alone, it was quiet, and she could listen carefully. She remembered what Han Ting said to her in the car.

One morning, they visited Tabei Company, which was the company that Han Ting labelled as a bluff and money-swindler. Ji Xing really found that the other party did a good job on the surface. During the reception, shaking hands and taking photos took most of the day. The highlight of the visit was a showroom full of German trophies. None of the Chinese present knew German, except for the translator. Each trophy was introduced in a miraculous way. As for the factory workshop, they just walked through a corridor and saw the machines in the workshop that no one cared about through the glass.

The meeting was also full of official rhetoric. They didn't see any products or hear any valuable opinions.
The boss talked about his ambitions and dreams, from Industry 4.0 to how to seize opportunities to discover 
manufacturing business opportunities and how to reform the times to change the future.

The students in the seminar were inspired and followed suit.

Ji Xing was embarrassed. She doesn't know if the Chinese are stupid and easy to be deceived in the eyes of those Germans.

That day, Ji Xing wrote a series of notes in her notebook, such as "down to earth", "no official rhetoric", "no selling of feelings", and "no fooling people". Three exclamation marks were put after each phrase to express her roaring heart.

As a result, when they returned to the hotel conference room to share their experiences in the evening, the students praised the boss as if they were caught in a pyramid scheme.

Ji Xing got goose bumps all over her body, thinking, they are both CEOs in their thirties, but Han Ting is the one who convinces her.

On second thought, Han Ting would not come to join such a tour for no reason. Sure enough, he was right. If she didn't study hard, she would be like this group of people in the future.

And everything Han Ting said was right.

He said that the three companies worth seeing, Deman, Bayval, and AJ Technology, all gave people a bright feeling. Ji Xing admired and worshipped them throughout the whole process.

Especially Deman, a well-known medical database supplier in Munich and even in Germany. Their honour room was full of trophies, but the person in charge only briefly introduced one or two and took them away. When leaving, he casually said: "Everything in this room is in the past. Our present and future are there." As he said, the person in charge pointed to the direction of the R&D centre and the workshop.

This small detail deeply touched Ji Xing.

After a few days of inspection, she gained a lot.

A week passed quickly, and soon all the itineraries were completed, leaving only the last day of sightseeing: visiting the famous Neuschwanstein Castle.

The night before departure, Ji Xing and her classmates in the research class drank beer in the hotel pub. She wanted to discuss her feelings about this trip with everyone. But everyone was talking about tomorrow's tour, what souvenirs to buy back home, and the airport duty-free shop.