Vol. 2 Cold Star - Ch. 05 Reflect on Bad Ones and Be Vigilant

Outside the car window, the street scene of Munich passed by like an old film reel.

Han Ting and Ji Xing lived in the new city. They drove all the way here. The streets were clean and tidy, and the traffic was well-organized.

The shops on both sides of the road were still closed, and German office workers hurried past with briefcases.

The morning glow filled the sky between the gaps of the buildings, dyeing the sky pink. From the new city to the old city, small buildings with European characteristics gradually appeared on the roadside. The streets in the city became narrower and the speed of the car slowed down.

Ji Xing lay by the window, looking at the European streets outside with interest. The morning breeze blew, and she was in a cheerful mood. She was a little forgetful for a moment and said, "I feel that I will hit the jackpot in Germany, because a boss will be my driver on the first day." She was joking, but as soon as she said it, she wondered if she had gone too far.

Han Ting didn't mind, and turned the steering wheel at the left turn, saying, "It's charged by the hour, and it will be deducted from the third investment."

Ji Xing: "..."

She asked, "How much is it per hour?"

Han Ting: "Ten thousand."

"..." Ji Xing's eyebrows almost flew out of her forehead, pretending to pull the car door, "Black car! Can I get off?"

"You think it's expensive?" He seemed to be in a good mood, and actually followed her words, and his Beijing accent made him speak with extra charm.

"Can you give me a discount?" She also seriously haggled.

"Nine point eight."
"..." As expected of a businessman, he would not give in even when joking, "Why don't you say nine point nine?"

"That's fine." He answered casually.

Ji Xing couldn't help but turn her head to look at him. Perhaps it was because he was not working, he looked very casual today. When driving, he put one hand on the car window and the other hand on the steering wheel. 

When he encountered a bend, he spread his five fingers and rubbed the steering wheel in a big circle. When he turned the corner, his hands loosened slightly, and the steering wheel automatically turned back to its original position and fell back into his gently clenched hands. Those hands were very slender and strong.

Still looking, the five fingers flickered like teasing a cat, and people asked: "What are you looking at?"

Ji Xing was caught, and her face was inexplicably hot, and she hurriedly said: "No, this steering wheel is so flexible..."

He pulled the corner of his mouth very lightly.

She turned her head away, wondering if the previous sentence was an attempt to cover up the truth, but he didn't believe it at all.

In front, on the small European-style building with white walls and red tiles, the spire of the church pierced the sky.

Han Ting parked the car in a small alley with a brick road.

As soon as he got out of the car, he smelled the aroma of coffee all over the alley.

It must have rained at night, and the bricks and stones in the alley were wet. In the west, the blue sky was stuck in the gap between the buildings. Ji Xing quickly turned around and took a picture of the scenery behind him with her mobile phone.

Han Ting walked up the steps in front, looked down and saw the puddle under the steps, and turned back to remind her: "Watch it."

"Oh." Ji Xing retracted her gaze and came back to her senses. She took a big step onto the roadside steps and changed the direction to take pictures.