Vol. 3 Silent Star - Ch. 08 A Bit of Fate

The conference room is not big. A conference table occupies the main space, squeezing the four people into a small space.

Ji Xing looked at the candies in Qin Li's hand, took only one of them, and said, "Thank you."

Qin Li said, "Take them all."

Ji Xing forced a smile: "No. One is enough."

"Sit down." Han Ting said lightly, pulled a chair and sat down, and looked at Ji Xing again.

Ji Xing followed him silently and sat next to him, Shao Yichen and Qin Li sat opposite.

Qin Li was unaware of the atmosphere between the three people, and smiled and said, "Mr. Han, the cooperation between Dongyang and Qihui itself is a bit of fate."

Han Ting: "What do you mean?"

Qin Li said, "Vice President Ji of your Hanxing and Vice Minister Shao of our AI Division are both from Changzhou, and they are also alumni. They have been in the same class for seven years for undergraduate and graduate studies. Isn't this fate?"

Han Ting smiled and said, "Really? I didn't know about this." He turned his head and glanced at Ji Xing.

Ji Xing touched the hair on her forehead and whispered, "Yeah. We have known each other for a long time."

Qin Li was curious: "You were classmates in high school, right?"

Ji Xing clarified: "We were in the same school, but different classes. We didn't know each other at that time, but we met in college."

Shao Yichen glanced at her and said nothing.

Ji Xing also looked at him inadvertently, but she noticed Han Ting looking at her from the corner of her eye, and immediately retracted her gaze, but it was not easy to look at him. Her eyes were swaying around and had nowhere to put them, so she just stared at the table.

She felt hopeless and was worried about how to change the topic, when the door was pushed open again.

Qihui's boss Su Yunde, AI department director Pan and deputy director Ge; plus Jiang Huai, Chen Ningyang and others all came in.

Han Ting put away his expression, stood up and shook hands with Su Yunde and others; Ji Xing immediately stood up and finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Everyone exchanged brief greetings and took their seats.

When everyone arrived, the topic returned to work.

Su Yunde is Han Ting's father's comrade-in-arms. Han Ting has to call him uncle in private. Han Ting, out of politeness, naturally gave him the right to speak.

"I just chatted with President Han and found that the cooperation between the two sides can be further deepened. After taking over Dongyang Medical, President Han has been recruiting AI talents and has the idea of ​​cultivating and establishing an AI talent pool. Indeed, the number of professional talents in our country is very small compared to developed countries." 

He looked at Minister Pan and explained, "Regarding the talent pool, no matter how large the initial investment is, Qihui must participate. Talent is the foundation. At this point, we need to deepen cooperation with Dongyang, or even work together."

Minister Pan nodded: "Yes."

Both parties were surprised but not too surprised by the idea of ​​‘talent pool’.

Ji Xing turned her head and glanced at Han Ting. His consideration may have exceeded the scope of the company itself.

The following discussion revolved around how to build a talent pool, and discussed what kind of model and system can reduce communication costs and improve efficiency as much as possible. In the middle, both parties mentioned the database development of the next stage of DOCTOR CLOUD robot doctor.