CHAPTER XV

"Remember the time you thought I was stitching words into your head" Krishna said giggling like a girl.

"You know I still check my forehead every morning," I said back to him and laughed. My body was shaking with laughter, my poor husbands were watching me with surprise, and something flashed in Arjun's eye. Was it jealousy that I saw?  I didn't give much thought to it at the time. When we finally stopped laughing my husbands were confused and Krishna nor me explained. But Shahdev seemingly dazed in his silky voice "That sounded like Amritham" I smiled graciously to this compliment and Sahadev felt the need to explain further "No, like your laughter complimented each other perfectly; Cousin Krishna's all-knowing laugh and your sweet pleasant laugh mixed together like ragas entwining to create the finest melody." This was very sweet of Sahadev to say and I went and poured him more payasam. It had been such a long time since I had laughed like this, the type of laughter that seemed to stay in your body even after you stopped. 

Later in the evening Dhri, my father and Shikhandi came to pay a visit and look at our new kingdom. My father nodded his head in approval and then winked at me and said "I'll need to have a few words with my son-in-laws" and walked over and started chatting with them" Shikhandhi was talking with Krishna and Dhri hugged me and then asked me whether the Pandavas were taking good care of me. I replied in affirmative and smile crossed Dhri's usually impassive drawn face, a smile of content. Shikhandhi now came to me and complained about the color of clothing I had chosen to wear today, a sunflower yellow. She then advised me and now realising I was probably getting annoyed said "You know the only reason I'm telling this stuff is because you have no mother and by now you must have known that your mother-in-law can never be your mother. We sisters have to stick together. Get it." I nodded fervently and she hugged me in the side. I poured my family some payasam and they complimented it and even Dhri who is extremely picky said it was delicious. I smiled. This day had proved to be one of happiness and joy. I was content, if the rest of my life went like this I would die a peaceful death when the time would come. But fate chose to be mercilless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Did you like this chapter? I hope you found it enjoyable. Please read, vote and comment. 

(Note: I am keeping Dhrishtadyumna unmarried in this story. I beleive it would be better for the story line)

See you in the next chapter!