CHAPTER XVII

I remembered a time, a really long time ago, when Arjun told me, "If I know the slightest thing about love, it's because of my eldest brother." The Pandavas loved their eldest brother the most in the whole world, and that was something I had come to terms with.And , well... Yudhisthra loved me. That was something he had proved over and over to me in our year together. He had been with me through and through, and I had delivered our child. Wasn't that proof of love? When Arjun told me that, I wondered if Kunti hadn't loved them properly. But the thing was, Kunti was a woman, and as a woman, I could sympathize with her. As a mother, I knew Kunti deep down was guilty that she had not given enough to her children. She had raised them to be good, strong men, but had never really dealt with their emotional wounds. They learned to bandage their own wounds.I carefully collected all this information and pushed myself to learn more and more about them. Even though Arjun wasn't here and I missed him terribly, I had his portrait, a much smaller one than the one I received prior to my svayamvar, that I hid in the corner of my closet. Bhim bustled into our room, and I shook away my thoughts. "So before you can say something, I have a surprise for you," he said. I nodded. "What is it, dear husband?" "Tada! Here you go," he said and placed a bag in my lap. I eyed him and then opened the bag. Inside, there was this orange saree with beautiful embroidery and matching bangles. "I thought you would like it. Please wear it for me tomorrow," he said. I smiled. "I love it. I just don't know where I'll keep it." He chuckled. Ever since the beginning of the year, he was stacking my closet with sarees in red, orange, and yellow; you know, the shades of fire. Apparently, I looked best in the colors of Agni and even though I mostly preferred my kanya sarees that were light pastel colors, I enjoyed the colors Bhim chose for me.I looked up at Bhim, who was already looking at me, and he smiled like he had a secret only he knew. He didn't say anything, so I stared at his manly face. Thick eyebrows, dry lips, and this brightness in his eyes that I quickly deciphered as thrill. "You know," he said, the words coming out in a rush, "I love you so much, you probably have no idea." I smiled and then laughed. "I know, dear. You tell me every morning and every night and whenever I'm alone." He smiled and then pulled this adorable face, the face that held me in bounds, and nodded to whatever he said. "You're supposed to say it back, Kalyani," I then blushed, happy that I had dark skin that didn't turn red, or else I would probably be as red as the sindoor in my hairline. "I love you more than the oceans love the sea, more than the sun loves the seas, more than the rivers that mix in the sea, more than a traveler that crosses the sea, and more than myself." It was now Bhim's turn to blush, and for his fair skin, it was so beautiful. I tousled his hair and laughed. Life was easier when you were in love. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI GUYS! I'm so sorry for the delay. I was really busy and i hope you liked this chapter. BTW I'm watching this show called Holly Hobbie and it's pretty good. Please read vote and comment. Feel free to give suggestions.