CHAPTER XXXI

"I guess words are the beginning of a poem that was never finished."

-@varsh1907

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think patiently for a while. I am alone , thinking of how people heal. I think of wounds people get. I think patiently. In Raamayan Ram's arrow hit many people but none of them hurt. Exept when his arrow hit Vaali, a monkey and it hurt both for Vaali and Ram. When Sita was tested by fire the fire didn't scar her Ram's words did. Vibeeshan stood by dharma's side and yet is blamed for leaving his brother. Words mar people. They ruin. They can plant gardens in your soul and vineyards and thorns in your heart .Words can be alluring and enchanting. Words hurt and heal. Words are like fragile glass. They break and cut you. And you are scarred. Words are beauty, haunting eery beauty. I had spoken words that may have hurt. Both myself and the people I love. In the course of fate even our words are predetermined. Everything is written in the stars. Everything is predetermined. Even the things we say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sage Durvasa is here. We have no food and along with his disciples he is here asking for food and it is not in our culture to send away a person who asks for food. But we have no food right now. I had washed the pot and there is no food left. Bheem is out with the twins searching for food and Yudhisthra is talking to the sage. Everyone knows of his anger. He is known for letting out curses when he is angry and that is something we cannot afford. He has to be fed. What do I do?

If only Krishna was here, I think. A flower hits my shoulder and I turn in the direction. And in all his glory Krishna is there, with his lopsided grin and my nerves relax for a moment.

"Hey, Sakhi missed me?" he asks. "Who am I kidding? Of course you did. Your totally useless without me." he says.

"Krishna," I scold and he says "Hey, what is Krishnaa without Krishna" he says and then winks. I can't help but laugh because that is so characteristic of him. And it's been so long since I've seen him.

"What mess have you gotten yourself in this time?" he says and I open my mouth to answer but he says "You know what I don't care. I'm hungry right now. Some food would be nice." he says and lays himself on one of our hay beds and puts his hand supporting his head and leg over leg.

"I have no food, whatsoever and that is"- I am rudely interrupted by him quickly getting up "I'll check." I scowl at him and he doesn't seem to mind. He find the pot I just washed and "Ah! there's a grain of rice stuck at the bottom. I knew you were a horrible housewife. My poor cousins." he says and puts it into his mouth. "That was nice, now move" he says and then looks at me.

"So how's life?" he asks. "Don't even ask. " "Fine" he says and puts his hands in the air. "If only you learnt to let go." he says.

"Kalyani!," Bheem calls me excitedly and I turn to look at him. "The sage left saying he was full and he was no longer hungry. You don't have to worry now." I sigh and turn to look at Krishna but he is no longer there. "Where is Krishna" I say and he says "In dwaraka I guess. He might visit us when Arjun returns though." he says and the flower Krishna throwed at me is still there. Krishna was here just a moment ago and that is something I am sure of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers! I had a blast writing this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Your thoughts mean the world to me, so please take a moment to read, vote, and leave a comment!A special shoutout to varsh1907, whose inspiration and support helped me break through a major writer's block. Huge thanks for that! Take care, and see you next time!