CHAPTER VI

I wanted to remember all the things I learned before my svayamvar.It was almost a day before the event, and Govind, my sakha, still hadn't arrived, making me increasingly anxious. For the past week, I had been fervently studying dharma, reading scriptures, and diligently preparing for the future. I was tormented by the thought of what would happen if Arjun, the man I had accepted as mine, didn't come to my svayamvar. How could I possibly live with someone else?"Don't worry," Dhri said, interrupting my troubled thoughts. "Huh?" I asked, breaking out of my reverie. "I said don't worry," he repeated, a reassuring smile on his face. I was taken aback that he could sense my worry. "You were fiddling with the end of your hair like you always do when you're anxious or scared," Dhri said, a comforting look in his eyes.

I realized that I had indeed been fiddling with my hair. My hair was the only part of me I felt truly proud of and connected to deeply. Long and lustrous, my hair was my pride. Shaking my head, I looked at Dhri, who was as neat and well-groomed as always. Not a single strand of his short hair was out of place, and his attire was as pristine as ever. Dressed in a striking shade of blue, he was undeniably handsome, if only he would loosen up and smile more often. I realized that I would genuinely miss my brother, who had always taken care of me and had been instructing me about marital life."When are you planning to tie the knot, Dhri?" I inquired with genuine curiosity. Dhri appeared taken aback by my question but chuckled before responding, "I'm a man with a mission, Drau. Marriage would only divert me from my goals." A bit surprised, I asked, "Don't you ever envision having a family of your own?" Dhri gave me an incredulous look and then replied, "Seeing you happily married and with children brings me joy." His expression indicated that he didn't want to discuss the topic further.Later I would realise his choice was right in the aspect of the painful future.

 Just then my father and Krishna( oh Krishna! I mentally exclaimed) came in. I greeted my father and then fell to his feet. He was always busy and him coming to meet me in my room was considerably rare. He blessed me and kissed me on my forehead and gave me a tight hug. Shikhandhi who had entered shortly after father smiled. Krishna on the other hand teasingly asked" O' warrior king Draupad getting emotional now are we." He laughed but Govind was right my father rarely got sentimental. In fact he was getting sort of teary-eyed. Dhri chuckled and exclaimed"Look what you did to strong willed father." We all laughed. But In the future my father would weep for me many times and this was just the beggining.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this chapter is okay. Please read,vote and comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and give me a great surge of validation. So kindly comment.