CHAPTER II

Krishna had brought me to my room, seemingly attempting to lift my spirits. He grinned and gestured to the mirror. "Since we both share the same name for the same reason, are we really all that similar?" he asked, adjusting his hair. I carefully examined our reflections. Krishna's complexion was so dark that it appeared almost blue. He had large eyes, long eyelashes, and a mischievous smile on his crimson lips. Adorned in gold and pearl jewellery, a peacock feather graced his shoulder-length hair. He wore his favourite yellow and gold matching dhoti and angavasthra set. I suspected Krishna's serene and divine aura was the reason for his many wives. In contrast, I had a darker shade of brown skin, which my sister often likened to shining gold. My eyes were long, and adorned with kohl, and I had pink lips. I was dressed in a light purple saree draped in the Kanya style, and my loose knee-length hair was partially tied back. I also wore delicate gold jewellery. Despite sharing the same name, Krishna and I were vastly different.

 Despite sharing the same name, Krishna and I were vastly different

"Krishna we're barely similar", I told him rolling my eyes. Krishna pouted and for a minute a sudden desire to see my future husband arose in me. Wait, when had i accepted Arjun as my future husband? Krishna had probably messed with my mind. I knew asking Krishna would make him tease me but asking Dhri or Shikhandhi would be even more embarassing. So mustering all the courage I had I meekly asked 

"Krishna what does Prince Arjun look like?"

"Aha!I knew you would ask that." he said like he had caught me eating his butter or whatever.I mentally face palmed myself for asking him. 

"Just wait a week more Draupadi, the paintings of all the participants of your swayamvar will be sent. I cant wait to see Arjun's reaction when he sees you at the svayamvar! He's going to be mystified by you. Your going to be mystified too when you see his gorgeous face though you'll have to wait 3 more weeks to see him for real" 

"Krishna",I scolded but my heart was racing and I hoped Krishna didn't see the heat that rushed to my cheeks.

Luckily Dhri chose this moment to walk in but he totally embarassed me by asking "Why are you so flustered Drau?" I hit my head on the nearest wall and Krishna was taken by laughter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now the story hasn't desecended on a serious note. I was itching to give the description of Draupadi and Krishna. Hope you enjoyed it. Please Read, Vote and Comment.