CHAPTER XVI

"Krishna, but I thought you were my best friend. You don't have inside jokes with me," said Arjun to Krishna. I was surprised to hear his words. He was talking to Krishna near the balcony and I had just entered the room, Krishna and my husband hadn't seen me. I hadn't meant to eavesdrop but.........

"You are one of my many best friends Paarth" "But I thought I was your bestest friend"

"Paartha, I have many friends who are dear to me, your wife Draupadi, my dearest Sudama, Ujvalla, Sridama and so on. Why Rukmini in herself is a friend, lover and wife."

"But still Krishna, you know how much I love you. Without you I am incomplete," said Arjun and Krishna said something that was so quiet nearly a whisper that Arjun didn't catch but my ears did. "The whole universe would be incomplete without me Paartha"

Later that day when I sat with Yudhisthra in our room reading scriptures the most worst of things had happened. Arjun had trespassed to take his bow the Gandiva which he loved so dearly. Apparently, he couldn't stay away from it for so long. In his desperation, he had intruded our privacy, which made him subject to the punishment for breaking one of our most important marriage rules. Ah, men. 13 years without him would be hard. Bhim scolded him saying "You and that bow, caressing it as if it was a woman when you have such a pretty wife with you. How do expect us to be without you for 13 years. You dumb guy. You might be strong and all but let me say it once and for all. You have no brain." Arjun replied "Hey, that isn't fair. Look at my muscles. You may have got all the brawn brother but I certainly have more brains than you" he said flexing his arms. Bhim slapped him but then pulled him close and kissed him on the cheek. Nakul started saying "I'm not crying, my eyes are just sweating" Arjun hugged all of them and came to me I looked down not wanting him to see the tears in my eyes. He pulled my chin up and then told me quietly "I will be back soon.Just remember I love you." For a moment I was surprised. This was his ultimate confession of love. He then walked away and went to Krishna. Krishna told him something which I didn't hear. But I caught the end of his words "The next time we meet our relation may change, who knows. But you'll always be my best friend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you can, please take a moment to vote and leave a comment. How are you finding the story up to this point? Any feedback or suggestions? Enjoy your reading time!