CHAPTER X

I gazed at my husbands as they spoke with Krishna earnestly. I had barely noticed them yesterday with their gazes mopping the floor.  Only today did I truly see them properly. They exuded an aura of handsomeness and strength. Yudhisthra, with his golden complexion and prominent nose, had eyes that were always stoic and hard to read, revealing no emotions. Surprisingly, despite being the eldest, he was the shortest of his brother and stood at the same height as me, matching my chudamani. Bheem, the fairest and tallest among them, had scars on his robust body, but his face portrayed a carefree and lovable expression, with curious eyes. Arjun resembled his portrait perfectly. Nakul, without a doubt, was the most striking man in all of Bharat, with a defined jawline, grey eyes, envy-inducing long lashes, and a captivating smile that could easily make even the most strong willed woman swoon. Sahadev had a somber appearance, light brown complexion and haunted eyes, seldom speaking, but when he did, his words carried great weight. They know walked away to talk to their uncle Vidur who had arrived on receiving this news. Knowing this was the only chance I might get to talk to Krishna I walked over to him quickly. "Hey Draupadi, I wonder how horrible of a cook you'd be. Most of the food you cook is s plain" he said. "Krishna for once be serious."I said. "Draupadi no matter what your my best friend, my sakhi. I'll always be there for you. You know that yourself, you don't need my words to prove it." He said. "So you'll visit me" I asked getting teary eyed all of the sudden. "Of course Drau" he said but his eyes were watering. "Krishna don't make me cry" He then ruffled my hair and said" Just remember where there is Dharma there is victory." Smiling he gestured for me to bid farewell to my siblings. My husbands who had now talked to Vidur followed me as I walked to my siblings. I first received blessings from Shikhandhi. She now held me close and told me to be proper and remember all she had taught me. She then told me that I was now the husband of the Pandavas and I was to hold my head held high never to touch the floor. She then greeted my husbands. Next I went to Dhri and as I bent down to receive his blessings he almost jumped back suprised by the gesture. He then pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. He held my hand and then adressed my husbands asking them to protect me. Then turning to me he said "I love you Drau. I'll come see you often okay" Smiling and crying I replied "I love you Dhri" My husbands then turning to Dhri and Shikhandhi bidded farewell and assured them that they would take good care of me. Lastly me and my husbands and recieved my father's blessings. He was crying and I too cryed in his arms. Then me Shikhandhi, Dhri and father had a group hug. Then entrusting me to my husbands they bid farewell. I looked one last time at my home and the family I was leaving behind. I beckoned Dhri to give me a peice of cloth to which he tore a bit of his angavastra and handed it to me. I smiled as I took a bit of Paanchal land and held it to my eyes in a manner of reverence. Then I kept in my possesions which incuded the many beautiful jewellery and sarees my father was sending with me as my wedding gift. Then sitting in my palanquin I said bye to my hometown. I was no longer just Draupad's daughter I was now the wife of the Pandavas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter! Please vote read and comment.