CHAPTER I

DRAUPADI

I gazed at my  Sakha, who was lounging casually in front of me, playfully waggling his eyebrows. "God, Krishna," I mused. How did I end up becoming friends with this guy? Not only did he manage to persuade my father to agree to the idea of a svayamvar, but now he's trying to make fun with me! It's so obvious that the entire svayamvar was meticulously planned to ensure that I marry his 'best friend' the Pandav prince Arjuna (then what was I?). Sure, he's renowned as the best archer in the whole country, and apparently, he's incredibly handsome like the rest of the Pandavas, Considering all this, marrying him doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but, I barely know him.

"Krishna, this isn't fair," I said. 

"What isn't fair?" 

"You know what" I whispered.

"Come on Draupadi, you'd be perfect for eachother"

"I don't even know him! Why should I even trust you?" this time i was whisper shouting.

"Ouch, now your just being mean. " I just scowled at him. 

 "Draupadi, you know you trust me." He was right. I did trust him deeply ever since he had declined my father's offer of my hand in marriage to him. My father felt indebted to Krishna because he had smoothed out things between him and Dhronacharya, and now Dhri (Dhrishtadyumna, my twin brother) was being taught by Guru Dhronacharya and offered me to him, cough*cough begged him to marry me. Krishna profusely refused by saying I was his sakhi and that marriage between us would be wrong. I loved him but not in that way and Krishna was right I trusted him more than I trusted my own self.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have often pondered whether King Draupad offered Draupadi's hand in marriage to him since he was often with him. Which is why I added this. Please don't take offense. Krishna was truly magic. Please read, vote and comment. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It may be a short one but it has significance for the upcoming chapters.