66| Their endings rest solely in your hands

"One.. two.. three."

I open my eyes and walk down the road. It's empty. No houses or mailboxes, just empty. Pavement that leads nowhere. It took me forever to actually get here.

"Keep walking." Elena's voice talks in my ear. "Just keep going."

I do what she says and keep walking. The road slowly starts to turn into snow. I blink and everything is changed. It's freezing. I look up and in the far distance it looks like some sort of temple.

"It worked.."

"Yes!"

I keep walking until I get a little closer. It looks like there's an opening at the top. I levitate myself into the air, landing inside of it. I walk further in until I'm in a room. There's four walls with inscriptions. The farthest wall has a drawing of a woman. Everything is in Latin.

The Violet, Scarlet, Sapphire Witch all have their own wall. I gravitate towards the one I don't recognize.

"The Crimson Witch?"

"What?"

Elena's voice is crackling. The earpiece buzzes in my ear. I take it out and step on it. I look back at the wall. I've never heard of the Crimson Witch but all signs of it lead to Ashley.

"I see you've found it."

I turn around to the voice of the woman. She's a witch, a very old one at that. Her magic feels ancient.

"And who the fuck are you?"

"The only reason you found Mount Wundagore." She says. "As its protector it's my job to ensure the knowledge on these walls is not read by prying eyes."

She walks towards me. She examines my face.

"Beautiful.. I assume you get your beauty from your mother."

"Who are you?"

"Prue Halliwell." She walks towards the wall that has the Violet Witch on it. "I built this place from the ground up when I saw Chthon's visions."

I look at her confused. That would make her old, like really old. Over a million years old to be exact.

"Yes.. I was there when Chthon prophesied all of these witches." She says. "Many of the spells in the Darkhold were written by me. Including the spell Ursula used to resurrect your old friend."

I look down. Bella's death is what led me down this path in the first place. It affected me more than I thought death could. And ever since then it's been nothing but death.

"You have suffered greatly, child.. you all have."

"I don't know how to be a hero."

"Does anybody?"

I close my eyes, holding back the tears. I hate all of this. I wish this burden wasn't on me. I have lost so much and I don't know how to handle it.

It feels like everything is against me. Everyone expects so much of me but I'm not the hero they all need me to be. I couldn't even save my best friend. I couldn't save Lizzie and I couldn't save Allison.

"Do you wish to see what you are fighting for?"

"What?"

"The fate of the multiverse rests in your hands, Olivia." She says. "You're not just saving your world, you are saving the others in which your variants inhabit. So.. do you want to see what you are fighting for?"

I slowly nod. She holds up her hand that radiates an odd amount of energy. It blinds me for a few seconds before we're in a place I recognize.

We're in Beacon Hills. At my house to be exact. I slowly walk towards it, hearing commotion in the backyard. I peek around the corner and see a birthday party going on.

I see a little girl running around. She has a birthday sash on and a tiara. I look at the banner, it reads 'Happy Birthday, Claudia'.

"Daddy!"

An older version of Stiles appears. She runs towards him and he grabs her, throwing her in the air. She giggles and that's when I see my variant. She walks out with a cake in her hands.

"Where's my birthday girl?"

"Here!"

She walks towards Stiles and the little girl. Stiles gives her a kiss on the cheek and my heart starts aching. I close my eyes to stop the tears from coming down my face. When I feel them going away I open to a whole new scenery.

I'm in a church. I walk down the hall and stop at the entrance. It's a wedding. At the end of the aisle is my variant and Stiles holding hands.

"Olivia McCall, I have loved you since I laid eyes on you in kindergarten. You've plagued my thoughts ever since then. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you. You were the light to my darkness without knowing it."

I can't stop the tears from streaming down my face. They look so happy, so in love. It makes me feel like shit.

"I didn't think I could love until I met you." She says. "You were so patient with me when I didn't think I could be loved. You made me believe in love, Stiles Stilinski. I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend the rest of my life with."

"This is what you are fighting for."

I turn around to Prue with tears still in my eyes. I hate that I can't have these happy endings that my variants get. I want it so bad.

"If I can't have my happy ending.. at least they can."

Everything goes white for a few seconds and we're back at Mount Wundagore.

"Their endings rest solely in your hands."

I'm very aware of that.

"Then I have to win." I say. "Everything that's happened to me has been preparing me for this moment."

She nods. She holds her hand out and an amulet appears.

"Wanda Maximoff wore this amulet from the age of five to her very last breath." She looks at it. "And now.. I am trusting you with its power."

I hold my hand out as she places it in my hand. I can feel the Chaos Magic inside it.

"I trust you will do the right thing."

"The right thing?"

"It was only ever meant for Wanda.. even if either of your sisters absorb it, there's no telling what will happen."

"You're saying they could die?"

"Taking that cure will exterminate the werewolf and vampire side of you.. it will not get rid of what you were always meant to be. A witch."

"What are you talking about?"

"I created that cure to counter what Esther Mikaelson should've never created."

This whole time I thought if I took the cure I would be fully human. I would become human. Everyone told me that so I would not take it.

"Are you suggesting I take it?" I ask. "Would that not get rid of my Order Magic?"

"Wanda Maximoff couldn't control the Chaos Magic but you can." She walks towards me. "You can be the Scarlet Witch that she couldn't."

I've gone through so much. I became the full fledged Tribrid because that is what I needed to do to activate my Order Magic. But do I really want to be it? I never intended for any of this but now I have the chance to be just a witch again.

"The choice is yours."

"What if I can't make it?"

"Then you are letting Delia Harcourt win."

She starts to walk away.

"If you were in my shoes.. what would you do?"

"I'm not in your shoes so I don't have a say."