68| My best friend will be a super hero!

"Liv.."

I look over my shoulder at Kira. She's wearing the suit that Clea had made for her. Bruce Banner made it himself. It's honestly bad ass. It looks better than mine.

"What?"

"Are we sure about this?"

"Yes." I snap. "Now, c'mon."

We continue walking through the vent. I look down at the holes and see Hailey chained to a chair. I can sense the wolfsbane in her system. She looks so weak.

The moment I use my magic they will know we are here. We need to make this fast and easy. I grab the blades from my belt. I kick down on the vent and jump down as Kira follows.

She uses her sword to block a bullet that is shot. I throw both of my blades as they enter the chest of the guards. I turn to Hailey. She is barely breathing.

"Hurry, Liv!"

I hold my hand up, turning the chains to dust. I grab her just as alarms start blaring.

"Fuck."

I throw a portal, throwing Hailey through it. I motion for Kira to go.

"Liv."

"Go!"

I hold my head up as a woman appears in the doorway. She's not Delia. She's a mutant. She must be one of her servants.

"The great Olivia McCall."

"Yeah and who the fuck are you?"

"You can call me Toad."

"The fuck kind of name is that."

She spits something at me. I don't react until my skin starts burning. I look down and see my suit is burned and my skin is bubbling.

"You bitch."

I throw an energy blast at her.

"Tell Delia she can suck my-" I stop myself. "Both of you can go fuck yourselves."

I run through my portal. I grab my side as Clea runs to me.

"That fucking bitch." I start healing the wound. "Next time I see her I'm killing her."

I walk over to Kira helping Hailey. She's giving her water. Hailey would've never been in that situation if she didn't go out alone. It could've ended a lot worse for her.

"We have dinner with my parents."

"Right.."

I'm trying to get on Kira's parent's good side. Her dad loves me but her mom isn't too sure about me. Especially after my whole no humanity stint. But I'm not the Tribrid anymore.

We both change out of our suits and head to her condo here in New York. She's spending the summer here which is perfect because I've been spending a lot of time here.

Clea is trying to prepare me for what comes after I finish high school. The Avengers want me to join their team. And I'm heavily considering it.

They all know the struggles of being a hero. They all had different paths that led them there. None of them started out pure and good. They were molded into that.

I'd be joining a different Avengers team. It's pretty much all of their children which means they don't know me and I don't know them. I can start over.

"So?"

"What?"

"Did you decide what to do?"

Kira is the first person I told after I met with Tony. I told Scott right after in a video call. He was ecstatic but I could sense his sadness. Me being an Avenger means not really being able to see my family.

"I think I'm gonna do it." I smile. "I think I'm gonna be an Avenger."

She gives me a quick side hug as we walk into her building.

"I knew it!"

I've had so many ups and downs in my life. It's time for me to do something true and good. My parents probably won't be happy with my decision but it's not their choice.

"My best friend will be a super hero!"

"Shut up."

I try not to laugh. We walk into the condo. Her dad waves at me and gives me a quick hug.

"Olivia, it is good to see you."

"You too, Mr. Yukimura."

"You can call me Ken."

"Okay, Mr. Yukimura."

Noshiko walks out with a large plate of sushi. She forces a smile. I'm still trying to win her over. I find my seat at the table.

"So, Olivia, what is it like no longer being the Tribrid?"

"Honestly?" I say. "Liberating. I never wanted it. I prided myself on being a witch and now I'm that again."

"The Scarlet Witch."

I nod.

"I still have the same responsibility. It just feels like.. me again."

It feels good. I feel normal. I love it.