When in Rome, Umu

After the successful clearance of the First Singularity, Chaldea were ready ready to take on the next one. A whining Kiyohime left behind as the Rayshift only allowed a certain amount through. Artoria was the strongest direct Servant and Liangyu the most battle-oriented.

Having fought off the Romans before was not the reason that Artoria Pendragon found herself lost in thought. Her mind on funny steps as she had grown far too aware of her Master's exploits, no amount of deep sleeping was going to make her oblivious with how long they went at it.

Giving him space to do so was done out of understanding; they were happy and consensual about it. However, distancing herself would only worsen things as the link between Master and Servant made her resonate with him. It didn't help that her Master's awe-inspiring feats were something even she was affected by.

"Artoria!" Mash called out, blowing Saber from her thoughts. That Divine Construct coming to life once again, repelling all with holy might. One flash of her blade to mow down the opposition.

Regal and red, the blonde general looked to the frest state of support helping her army. She wasn't aware of where they came from, nevertheless accepting their help. "Charge, my citizens! This Rome shall stand!" she declared, making further progress into the core of the enemy.

Several Gandr shots were generated at the fingertips of Olga's hands, flung with force and fattening up as it blew several soldiers back. "Being on the frontlines really isn't my forte."

"Since they attacked us first, I'll take care of this one."

With the larger army having some distance made by them as hot blood left them holding back the ground they had just moved forward from. Doom the moment the pages stopped flipping as their whole world was covered, then it was no more.

"Reporting all enemies defeated," Mash confirmed, waiting for things to clear before they confronted the rosy general.

No time needed as she did that herself. Just from this view, Keiji was briefly surprised about how much shorter she was, but put it aside. What was noticeable was her connection to a certain someone. Artoria looking in surprise at the person that was in front of them. 'Should I feel honoured or insulted?' The King of Britain unsure about the chain of events

"It feels like I'm looking at another Artoria," Keiji told Mash, the Shielder nodding as she looked back and forth, finding even more reason to state Artoria was related.

A proud smile as the woman dug her ornate crimson blade through the ground, a hand on her chest. "You wouldn't be reinforcements from the capital, but such dazzling magic would surely make that Court Mage from the United Empire shudder. What are your names, brave soldiers of Rome?!"

"I guess you could call us Chaldea," Keiji answered, not giving anything specific. "It's supposed to be the rule of Emperor Nero, right?" Keiji asked, only relaying the information that Dr Roman gave when briefing them on the Singularity.

The woman smiled brightly, her hand warmly placed on her transparent front. "It's I! The Emperor of Roses, Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus! This is my Rome!"

'I shouldn't be surprised,' Keiji thought.

Mash pressed forward to ask a question, not as surprised due to Artoria's gender 'contradicting' the legends of King Arthur. "Given the time of your reign, shouldn't this be a time of peace in this era? Why were you being attacked?"

Nero's face soured by the slightest margin. "It would be better to explain the events back at Rome. Come, you shall follow me!" Nero brightening up the very same instance as she flamboyantly walked them towards Rome. Through the journey, none of the missed the band of light still present in the sky, traversing even further back in time.