To The Holy City

"Mmm. Sleepy. So sleepy—"

Not the first thing Chaldea expected when being granted access to see Ozymandias himself. A tanned man resting peacefully, looking completely defenceless. It was like if they were assassins meant to take him out, the prime opportunity would be right there. Either it was poor timing or there was no threat; the luck of Nitocris made the former a greater possibility.

'He's finally waking up,' Mash mentally confided with her own Master, seeing him rub his eyes and shift from the throne which he sat upon.

"So you've finally come, mysterious travelers! You're a little late, but I don't mind! Having overcome the Trial of the Sphinx, you have permission for an audience with the king! Now, bow down before him! If you do, His Majesty may awaken from his weariness, and speak to you!"

A small look between each other on who should talk. "Nice to meet you. I'm Keiji," he introduced himself, finding that it wouldn't be necessary to introduce the others, but he turned to them all the same. "Want me to give your names the shout, too?" he asked, but they were fine with doing it themselves if the time came.

"H-how rude! Such insolence in the face of the pharaoh, a god upon this earth!" Nitocris reminded Keiji. Even if she saw his might, no one could beat a pharaoh, right?

Keiji nodded. "Okay," he said, with the least amount of respect possible. 'Still, he sure is strong. It's very similar to Karna. I can tell there's a lot more going on with him, maybe it's the whole relation to the sun.'

"He is the greatest pharaoh. The most courageous, most authoritative pharaoh! He is fit to be a god—He is Pharaoh Ozymandias! Subjugator and saviour of the land at the end of the world! Our ideal king!"

Da Vinci smiled. "She sure admires him a lot," the genius commented, with Nitocris holding firm in her beliefs, even though she felt slightly peeved and mocked with how Da Vinci mentioned it.

"How unusual, Nitocris. You may be a great bird, but you were never the type to shout in such a loud voice. It seems you've taken quite a liking to them. Haha, how joyous. Truly joyous."

Nitocris simmered down. "I-I apologize, Pharaoh. To utter your True Name in such a loud manner... That was something for Your Majesty to do. I regret it thoroughly."

"Indeed, the crime for stealing my amusement is heavy. Afterwards, cut off an arm, and place it in a jar."

"That's an extreme request!" Martha pointed out but it didn't extend any further than that. Nitocris was already thanking Ozymandias for his kindness.

"If my husband asked for it, I would understand. But seriously, who'd even do something like that if they couldn't recover from it?" Yu had her turn to comment.

Eyes of the sun turned towards the group. Ozymandias looking more regal with his divine attention drifted towards them. "Now then. You're the travellers from a foreign nation? My name is Ozymanias. I am a god, I am the sun, I am the pharaoh who rules this land. That has not changed in the past or the present. I grew somewhat tired of being called a Rider. This small throne is simply one diversion from my boredom. Also, above all... I'm quite sleepy now. I feel like an old man who has just awoken from the abyss of death. Thus I intend to keep this brief. Listen to my grand voice, and remember from the bottom of your soul... You are envoys from Chaldea. You have repaired five Singularities thus far. And now you appear here in the sixth wedge—this Holy Land of sand. I am already aware of all of that. If you would question my knowledge, then the answer should now be apparent I hold the Holy Grail which you seek."

With all that rambling, the glow of the Holy Grail revealed it to be true. "Does this mean the all-great pharaoh is the Demon God Pillar, too?" Yu inquired, slight sarcasm in her words.