chapter 4

Pankhuri pov

I am standing in a big private hospital now and waiting to meet a particular doctor that the nurse has suggested to me .

But why would such a big doctor would give me an amount of 5 lakh ....

Does is need any of my organ ......!!!!! The thought horrified me and I wanted to run away from here but then I know there is no other way to earn 5 lakhs ....

I was struggling to earn 5k ...how will I arrange 5 lakh .
Also if I have to give one of my organ I would gladly give it for my mother after all  my life belongs to her .

What will I do if something happens to her ...No ...She has to be fine for me.....
I sobbed silently sitting in the waiting area when I was asked to get in and meet the doctor.

I entred the cabin and the doctor looked at me with a subtle smile and I greeted her .

Please have a seat Pankhuri....she said and I was little surprised as she knows my name already but then the Nurse might have informed her .

Would you like to have some thing....she asked me and I just shook my head .

I heard about your mother accident she said and tears spilled out of my eyes.
Heyyy please calm.....I know you are going through a tough phase and needs money .

I can help you with that .....even You can get more then 5 lakh rupees ....she said and I looked at her surprised.
How??? I asked and she smiled a little.

First of all me Introduce my self .....I am Dr. Smitha Singhania.....I am a Gynecologist.....she said and I nodded at her .

So Pankhuri I have an offer for you .
There is a close friend of mine and she couldn't conceive due to some medical problems.
The couple is looking for a surrogate mother.....She said and I looked at her with wide eyes .

But it's illegal.....I said absorbing the shock .
I know but we don't have any other option and the guidelines are quite tough and we won't be able to find such a women ....The doctor said and I gulped.

You can take your time and think about it . But let me tell you that they are quite rich and would take care of everything including your mother.

Even I can talk to them about your mother treatment too and you can get your mother get treated here ....  She said .

You have to just nuture the baby in your womb for 9 months and will have to stay at there place ....she said and I looked at her with a frown.

But I can't leave my mother for 9 months.....I said .
Don't worry......Your mother will have a caretaker and you can meet her anytime you want .....choice is all yours.....she said leaving me in deep thoughts .

Although I don't have much to think about as I am well aware about my pathetic condition and my mother's life matters to me the most .

And if she gets treated here in such a big hospital she will surely get better ....and then she will get all the facilities too........

1 ghante mei meri maa ka operation hona hai ....toh kya aap abhi kuch kar sakti hai ....I asked her and she smiled.

Why not but we have to conduct a few tests of your to check if you are healthy or not .....she said and I nodded.
I have fever ....I told her in advance and she smiled.

That's okay .....I will just have to take your fertility test ...she said and I nodded nervously.

She questioned me about my monthly cycle and any sort of discomfort during my periods and then gave me a gown to wear .

The nurse asked me to remove my undergarments too and I looked at her shocked but then she explained me about the procedure and I became highly nervous.

How will I go through all these test.....I have never been naked in front of any one before.
Here she is saying they will insert something in me down there....I am a virgin.....that will highly uncomfortable.....I thought.

But who am I joking to ....I am being tested to be a surrogate mother....I have to birth a child for someone else ......I thought to myself and got changed.

The doctors checked me and I was highly uncomfortable but she tried to relax me but all was in vein when she inserted something inside me and I let out a sob feeling humiliated.

But I have to do it for mother.....I consoled myself and let them do the things.
I got dressed again but felt uneasy between my legs  .

After half an hour the Doctor called me in her cabin again and smiled at me while I was feeling ashamed to look at her knowing that she have seen everything.

Pankhuri you are absolutely fine and perfect to be the surrogate mother .

I have informed Mr. Raghuvanshi about everything and he will take care of everything regarding your mother you just have to sign these papers first......she said and I nodded.

I signed the paper and a lone tear escaped my eye .
This is for you Maa .....

I sealed my fate by signing those papers .