chapter 7

Pankhuri's pov......

I touched my flat stomach laying on the hospital bed.
There is a little life inside me now that belongs to someone else .....

I smiled painfully at my twisted fate and a lone tear escaped my eye.
I will nuture it with my bold ....carry the baby for 9 month but we still will be no one to each other.

I also had dreamt of having my own kids some day but look where I am now .

I was trying to process everything....yet the more I am thinking about it the more I felt like crying.

But I can't back off now .....I do not have a choice left now .... Actually I never had one ....I was forced into everything by life ... Destiny or circumstances.

The looked at the nurse who took out the cannula fron my hand and sticked a tape on the pierced skin .

As she left Sanjana entred the room and gave me a small Smile and I didn't pretend to smile even because I don't feel like doing anything at this moment.

She sat beside me on the chair silently and I was thankful for her that she didn't said anything at this moment because I don't want any consolation, motivation.... encouragement at this moment.

I just want to cry and let out the pain I am trying to supress and I did ....
I cried shamelessly not worrying about anyone watching me in my pathetic State.

My sobs died down after some time and I wiped my tears and closed my eyes.
I am sorry Pankhuri......I am sorry for everything.... Sanjana said and I looked at her .

Aapki koi galati nahi hai ......I am just crying on my fate ....I said and she teared up too .
Me too ....she said wiping her eyes and I nodded at her understanding her pain too ..

Ofcourse you don't want to feel their child in her womb. But not everyone gets everything they deserve.........

She has everything but still she have to rent a womb for her child to grow up and come to the life and on the other hand....I am selling my womb to save my mother who birthed me who is my everything.

I looked away as her husband entered that room too.
Why he has to come every time. Can't she just send him home .
What is his work here .... I thought.

You have to come with us ....he spoke to me and I sighed.
Can't I just stay in the hospital for 9 months....I requested looking at his wife .

No you can't..... Didn't I made you understood everything before hand only ..... Don't try to negotiate things now .....He barked at me and she held his hand .

Vidyut....she said his name and he huffed .
I am outside....come soon ......I don't have time to waste ...he said the last line looking at me and I turned my face away and heard him go out.

Don't mind him please....he is not bad at heart...she said and I looked at her plainly..
It doesn't matter....I stated and she nodded getting up .

She forwarded her hand to me and I got up too holding her hand .
Can I meet my mother once before going....I asked her for the permission in my breaking voice and she nodded looking at me sympathetically.

I don't like that look of Sympathy but atleast she is better then her husband.
As we came out of the room she walked to her husband and told him about my meeting with my mother and he looked in my direction.

She also turned to me and nodded at me to go ahead. I gave her small smile and walked to my the room where my mother was admitted.

I burst out crying the moment I saw her .
Mujhe nahi jaana Maaa.......mujhe aapke saath rehna hai ..........I cried holding her hand .

The pain in my chest became unbearable and throat hurts.
I was crying the whole time I sat with her.

But then that unwanted man entred the room again making me hate him now .
Why can't he just let me live for once .

If you keep on crying like this ....I would've to restrain you from meeting your mother....he said and I looked at him angrily.

Aap hote kon hai mujhe rokne vaale .....I asked him gathering all my courage and he clenched his jaw looking absolutely dangerous and I felt terrified.

Jo tumhare andar bacha banne vala hai uska Baap hu mei ......he said pulling me up from the chair and I heart raced madly out of fear looking at him this close.

Never ever use that time with me ....he hissed bringing his face more closer to me and I nodded.

Come now .... you have had enough of tantrums....he said pulling me with him and tears flowed out my eyes as I glanced at my mother for one last time.

He left my wrist once we were in the lift and I hissed looking at the slightly red marks on my wrist.
I looked at the cruel man standing beside me and he was already looking at me .

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand looking away .
I despise this man ......He is a very bad person.
I pity his wife .....

Come....he said as the lift opened and I silently followed him .
His wife was standing near the car and he went to the driver side and got in followed by her .

I looked at the hospital once again and he honked the car making me sigh .
I got into the backside and he glared at me from the mirror and I ignored him and closed my eyes feeling mentally exhausted.

Vidyut can we have a coffee here please....please baby..... sanjana requested him and he gave her a look.
From which angle this beast look like a baby to her.

Majboori hai iss bechari ki bhi jo asse aadmi se shaddi ho gai ...I sympathiesed with her .

He stopped the car at a cafe and she smiled widely and hugged his arm giving him a cheek kiss .
Ewwwww.....I looked away immediately.
Why they have do all these cringe stuff in front of third person.

Don't they feel embarrassed.....but I do .
Come Pankhuri....She said to Me cheerfully and I shook my head.

Aap log jaaye mei yahi thik hu ....I said not wanting to accompany them but then he glared at me .
Mera Mann nahi hai coffee peene ka .....I looked at her again and she nodded understandingly.

They got out of the car and I sighed but then he opened the back door and I looked at him confused.
Come out....he ordered me and I gulped coming out .

He shut the door and walked ahead locking the car .
I stood there looking at him shocked....he again turned and narrowed his eyes at me and I quitely followed him .

Ab kya inn logo ke saath reh ke jabardasti khaana bhi padega....ajeeb hai ye log ......I thought sitting on the chair beside his wife who smiled at me .

She keeps smiling while her bitter gourd husband keep glaring and passing orders.

As the waiter came he placed the order without even asking me what I want.
How mannerless he is .
Amir ho gya par sanskar naam ki cheej nahi hai isme .

Pankhuri this is my favourite cafe ...you know we use to come here during our college days ....she told me and I smiled at her for the sake of formality not at all interested in knowing anything that involves him .

If she have told me something about herself I would have surely paid attention to it .

The waiter came with 2 coffee and one juice.
They both picked up their coffee leaving the juice for me.

It seems like a mix fruit juice......but I am allergic to pineapple 🍍.
I can't have it ......I have _

Isme pineapple nahi hai .....it has Orange apple and banana ..... He said making me look at him.

I have all your medical details ...he added and his wife looked at him appreciatively while I felt a little offended.

How can they intrude in some one's personal life so much....but it's just for the sake of their baby ....I thought convincing my self and sipped the juice quitely.

Comments needed 🥸