chapter 24

Vidyut pov .......

"Will you stay with him forever if given a chance " I asked looking at her with anticipation.

I know it's selfish of me to ask her to stay for my baby but I just can't ignore the fact that she is the only one who can love him like a mother.

She is the mother only .....She is the one who kept him in the womb , nurtured him with her blood and risked her life to save him .

Her love for him cannot be compared with any biological relationship or blood relations.

Me being the father ..... forgot about him losing myself but she never forgot him even when she got the major setback in her life after losing her mother.

My respect for him grew thousands fold when I compared my self with her .
She is the strongest person I know.

She was looking at me with shock and with unreadable emotions.
She gulped blinking her eyes and took a deep breath .....

C_Can I s_stay ??????.....she whispered trying not to cry and I just nodded as I felt emotional seeing her so Vulnerable.

A sob escaped her mouth as she hide her face in her palms .
Her body shook as she cried and I shut my eyes too not wanting to cry anymore.

You don't know what you have just given me .....I had no one to live for....I had no purpose in my life ..... earlier I used to think that I will die after giving birth to the baby ......She said shocking me .

You were thinking to die...I asked her in disbelief and utter shock and I realised the depth of her pain .

She was thinking to end her life.....The mere thought terrified me.
Look at me....I said angrily but she didn't.

I turned her towards me and glared at her angrily.
Have you lost your mind .....I asked and she closed her eyes.

I thought that earlier.....She said looking at me nervously.
Still it's not acceptable.....I said .
Sorry ....she apologized and I sighed.

Do you even realise how precious life is .....we both have lost someone close to our heart .....you exactly know how helpless and vulnerable you feel in that moment.....I said and she nodded.

But I had no one to mourn over me ...she said.
But you have now .....we all care for you ...we are your family now ....I said and she nodded with a small smile and I slapped her cheek lightly making her hiss .

She looked at me accusingly for hitting her and I raised my eyebrow at her .
You deserve a tight one but I am sparing you for now as you are already weak .....I said and she pouted looking down .

Mom sent the dinner and I served for both of us .
After Dinner I called a nurse to help Pankhuri in changing her clothes and came out of the room .

I walked to the hospital terrace and lit a cigarette.
My mind is still stuck on what she said about dying.

Here I was thinking I am in pain and despair but knowing her thoughts it's suffocating me .....

She is facing so much at such a young age ....
She is of the same age as Vaani ....but a lot mature ....
We consider Vaani as a child but Pankhuri has become a mother at this age .

How can I ask to stay with us forever to take care of the child . She has her whole life in front of her .

I know she loves the baby and would happily play stay with him as his mother but she deserve everything in her life then just being a mother to a child.

I don't know......I don't want my child to be mother less and on the other hand it will be highly unfair to Pankhuri.

I call myself her only best friend and a family....can I think about the same for Vaani ......The answer is No .

I felt burdened with all the thoughts .
We already took advantage of a girl who was trying to save her mother any how.

Her mother must be cursing me from above.
I grabbed my head in between my palms.
I will go mad if I keep on thinking all these .

I just want to get drunk and shut all these thoughts.
But So promised her not to drink .....may be I can just for today .....I thought and came to the room to grab the keys .

She was lying on the bed closing her eyes after getting changed.
I picked up the keys slowly not wanting to disturb her and was about to leave the room but she called me making me shut my eyes .

Kaha Jaa rahe hai......She asked me .
Vo _ mujhe ek call aa gya important....mei subh Tak aa jaunga vaapis.....I said without looking at her .

Vidyut.....she called my name a bit seriously and I turned to her .
Apna phone toh lete jaaye ...aap room mei hi bhul gaye the .... She said and I looked away .

I took a deep breath and walked to her and sat on the chair beside her .
Mei Pina nahi chahta par mera dimag khrab ho raha hai ........agar mene nahi pi toh mei paagal ho jaaunga .....I said keeping my head in my palm.

Mere liye bhi le aaye....shayad mujhe bhi acha lage .....She said making me look up .
It's not good for your health.....I stated.

Toh ab sharab bhi discrimination karne lagi hai kya ladkiyo ke saath muje laga tha ye saam sirf society ka hai ....she said and I didn't know what to say .

Mei kab tak rookugi aapko .... Khabi na khabi toh pi hi lenge aap ....

Aap jaaye ...light off kar dijiyega .....she said closing her eyes .
Nahi jaa raha ab mei ....I said releasing a sigh .

Please apne plan meri vajah se cancel mat kijiye......aap itni importace mujhe denge toh mujhe hazam nahi hoga ...she said with close eyes .

Bakwas mat karo ab ....bol diya na nahi jaa raha .....importancee mat dijiye...........I said getting up and threw the key on the table again .

I turned on the Dim light and laid on my bed .
This woman knows how to get her work done.
She makes me feel guilty of my every action ....I thought with a groan .

I turned my head to look at her and she was already staring at me .
Ab saari raat cctv camera ke Jese Nazar rakho gi kya mujhpe....I asked and she chuckled.

Rakhni padegi aapki harkate dekh kar toh .....She retorted making me groan .
Apni harkate dekh le pehle..... I said not getting any better comeback and she giggled.

I looked away smiling too .
Muje neend nahi aa rahi ...she said after few minutes and I was not feeling sleepy too .

Haan khumbkaran ki tarah subh se soye jaa rahi hai ...kyu neend aayegi ab .....I said .
Baat kariye na mujhse....she said cutely and I turned on my side balancing my head on my palm .

Boliye........I said ...

And just like that I didn't realised when I fell asleep while talking to her forgetting all my thoughts that were haunting me previously..

Comments please....
3rd update of the day .
🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧